Trip Planning

Started by Sass, February 06, 2017, 07:57:41 PM

Sass

This is my first time planning a trip for my squadron. I am trying to have as many of my ducks in a row before I approach the squadron commander with my proposal. There is a museum, right over our state line, that I am certain that the cadets would be interested in touring. I know that I need an activity permission slip, emergency forms for all attending, submit the appropriate form for an activity number, and submit an o.r.m form. I'm curious as to how transporting minors across state lines works, is there a different form that needs to be filled out? I've searched the list of forms on capmembers.com and I did not find anything that fit the bill. Am I missing something? TIA

Майор Хаткевич

At least in ILWG, I'd have to do an ILWG F301, ORM, CAPF32s for cadets. Outside of that, approval for out of state has to go all the way to Wing IIRC?

Eclipse

Quote from: Sass on February 06, 2017, 07:57:41 PMI'm curious as to how transporting minors across state lines works,

Usually they get into the vehicle, sit down, and then someone drives. from there it's a whirlwind of bathroom breaks,
forgotten meds, motion sickness, and "Johnny's touching my stuff!"

Quote from: Sass on February 06, 2017, 07:57:41 PM
is there a different form that needs to be filled out?

No, at least not from a CAP perspective.  You'll have the 32s, so that covers any permission issues.
Some wings will require you get explicit Wing CC approval before leaving the state on official CAP business.

As a CYA, I would suggest you at least 3 seniors (more is better), at least twice as many members as required with CAP driver's
licenses if you are using COVs.

You might also consider making your life considerably less "exciting", make it a "meet you there" activity which can then include families,
and forgo driving cadets.

But from your OP, it sounds like you have what you need to get started, absent anything specific to your wing.

"That Others May Zoom"

kwe1009

Talk to your Group or Wing Admin Officer.  They can tell you exactly what you need to do.  Everyone on here can only give you general advice unless they happen to also be in your Wing.