Main Menu

Tech Support needed?

Started by kcebnaes, June 24, 2016, 03:14:07 AM

kcebnaes

Hello everyone!

We are in the process of starting to plan the Region Staff College for next year! The boss man wants to know: is there a good way to be able to have online registration and payment? We feel that that would be an easy and effective way to make things happen!

Also, I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong area. I figured with the RSC part, that kinda equals the PD part of this...right??
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

arajca

Colorado used EventBrite for our 2015 Wing Conference and 2016 Encampment. Depending on what information you're trying to capture, you may be able to use it for registration as well. We used a separate registration process along with Eventbrite (which works for credit/debit cards) for the actual registration and for checks.

Papabird

Quote from: kcebnaes on June 24, 2016, 03:14:07 AM
Hello everyone!

We are in the process of starting to plan the Region Staff College for next year! The boss man wants to know: is there a good way to be able to have online registration and payment? We feel that that would be an easy and effective way to make things happen!

Also, I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong area. I figured with the RSC part, that kinda equals the PD part of this...right??

Good luck with this!  You and Chief Gregory should be made aware of the fees that are usually included in this type of service.  May want to ask around the Region on what is used for Conference payment, as there are some services that are complementary or already paid for.  :)  Notice I didn't say free.
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

Paul Creed III

Ohio Wing used EventBrite for the 2016 Ohio Wing Conference and it worked well.

Just about any type of additional information that you would like to collect during registration can be captured.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

NIN

I seem to recall that NHQ has the non-free version of Event Brite (I think) that allows for CC payments and all that.  It would be worth the asking.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Why don't you just use the NCSA system?

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

From a quick search, as a 501(c)(3) you can get EventBrite at 2% + $0.99 per ticket, normal is 2.5%+$0.99

capmaj

Reach out to Lt Col Elizabeth Blackey at Pac Region. She's the PRSC Director and has used on-line registration and payment for the last 2 years with great success.

kcebnaes

First off,  thanks to all for the replies! I just remembered that I started this!

My next question is: how well do you think a Google Form type thing would work? I know it probably won't work well for the payment part, but I think if we used PayPal or something like that we'd be fine.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Various Other Things™

Holding Pattern

Quote from: kcebnaes on July 14, 2016, 04:38:24 PM
First off,  thanks to all for the replies! I just remembered that I started this!

My next question is: how well do you think a Google Form type thing would work? I know it probably won't work well for the payment part, but I think if we used PayPal or something like that we'd be fine.

It will not work for the payment part. It can capture everything else. That being said, services like Eventbrite are if memory serves pretty "Full Service" on that front.

The cost of handing the entire system off is worth it if there is a chance the headache of managing a spreadsheet and a separate paypal reconciliation report will result in lost entries.

Paul Creed III

Quote from: kcebnaes on July 14, 2016, 04:38:24 PM

Using a single system such as Eventbrite is far easier on the membership and the poor folks having to do administration and finance for the event which is why I used Eventbrite for the 2016 Ohio Wing Conference. Yes, there is the small fee to Eventbrite for using them (since the credit card fees will still exist for Paypal), but the ease at which registrations and payments (plus a couple of refunds for special cases) are handled is well worth it and saves the precious-limited and valuable volunteer time that we have.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

kcebnaes

I totally agree that EventBrite is the better option! However, we're trying to find cheaper options.
Maj. Creed, I may be emailing you later to pick your brain on this, if you don't mind! (I'm also OHWG if you didn't see!)
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Various Other Things™