E-Services Multi Entry Change Request - best way to send up?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, December 21, 2015, 08:28:35 PM

Майор Хаткевич

While it's a minor issue, I've been "grating" my teeth every time we do CD and I have to run multi entry.

For one, I'm not sure why, if the Chaplain Corps wants to track which chaplains do which and how many CD sessions, they didn't request their own small reporting module, and instead pushed the burden of reporting on the CP folks.

But beyond that, it's not really a problem, except on multi entry, I have to find the chaplain on the list of all wing chaplains and then choose the correct lesson type from another drop down. Does it take long? Not at all. But it does break the multi entry, when I can select the date for all cadets, check those who participated, but then have to manually enter the chaplain from a list and the lesson type for every single cadet who participated.

So two fold question -  in terms of eServices, do I report a "bug" in order to recommend two additional drop-boxes on CD multi-entry so that it prefills the same chaplain/lesson for all cadets. If not where do I submit it.
Two, and I know we have a number of Chaplains here, but is there a reason this aspect couldn't be handled by Chaplains themselves, leaving the module the way it was for CP folks?

jeders

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on December 21, 2015, 08:28:35 PM
Two, and I know we have a number of Chaplains here, but is there a reason this aspect couldn't be handled by Chaplains themselves, leaving the module the way it was for CP folks?

I always assumed that the reason they added that function was more for compliance than anything, thus making it a CP thing, not a Chaplain thing. CD sessions are supposed to be carried out by a Chaplain, CDI, or the squadron commander (hence why SQ CC is on the list), so it makes sense in that respect.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SM

As a squadron commander, I feel your pain.  Every time we hold a session I have do go to every single cadet and enter these two drop down boxes individually.  The IT department at national is inundated with requests all of the time.  But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, I agree it was more of a cadet programs thing not a CDI vs Chaplain thing.

You can use the helpdesk to submit your suggestion or ask a question.
https://capnhq.crmdesk.com/home.aspx

I do hope they add those drop down boxes it will save everyone who has to do this entry quite a bit of time and undue stress..