Membership ribbon question

Started by cmoore, May 03, 2005, 07:13:12 PM

cmoore

I've got a silly question about ribbons.  The regs say that anyone that has completed Level I can wear the Membership Ribbon.  Does that mean I can just go buy one and pin it on my uniform?  Or do I have to fill out some kind of paperwork and/or have it presented to me?
1st Lt Chris Moore
Sacramento Composite Squadron 14

arajca

Check eServices to see if the award is on there. Look under Interactive Personnel Records and look your record up. If the Membership Award is there, you can wear it.

It is still nice to have your commander present it at a regular awards/promotion ceremony, though.

Pylon

CAPR 50-17, Senior Member Professional Development states that you need a CAPF 2A to be filled out, authorizing you for the "Membership Award" ribbon, and stick in your file, too.

Quote from: CAPR 50-17
3-7. Membership Award Ribbon.
Completion of Level I training makes the new member eligible for the CAP Membership Award ribbon.  Units should  complete CAPF 2a, Request for and Approval of Personnel Actions (Attachment 9), which requests authorization for wear of  the Membership ribbon.  Include in Block VII the name of the award and the date of Level I training completion.  The Professional Development Officer signs the requester signature block.  The unit commander approves these forms.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

cmoore

Quote from: Pylon on May 03, 2005, 08:08:20 PM
CAPR 50-17, Senior Member Professional Development states that you need a CAPF 2A to be filled out, authorizing you for the "Membership Award" ribbon, and stick in your file, too.

Excellent, thanks!  I looked in CAPR 39-3 and found the requirements but didn't think about checking CAPR 50-17.  So much to learn!
1st Lt Chris Moore

cmoore

Quote from: arajca on May 03, 2005, 07:18:17 PM
Check eServices to see if the award is on there. Look under Interactive Personnel Records and look your record up. If the Membership Award is there, you can wear it.

It is still nice to have your commander present it at a regular awards/promotion ceremony, though.

Found it!  Yes, it's there.
1st Lt Chris Moore