CAPWATCH Data - DOB wrong?

Started by a2capt, January 21, 2014, 03:03:47 AM

FlyTiger77

It is purely conjecture, but the change quite possibly made to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII), which is a big deal right now in the DoD.

A recent change to AR 25-50 (the Army's rendistion of CAPR 10-1) decrees that any document containing a full social security number be marked as FOUO.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

NIN

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on January 25, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
It is purely conjecture, but the change quite possibly made to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII), which is a big deal right now in the DoD.

A recent change to AR 25-50 (the Army's rendistion of CAPR 10-1) decrees that any document containing a full social security number be marked as FOUO.

Oh, I'm totally sure thats why that was done.  Obfuscation of PII.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: NIN on January 25, 2014, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: FlyTiger77 on January 25, 2014, 05:39:24 PM

Oh, I'm totally sure thats why that was done.  Obfuscation of PII.

Yep.  I'd get my company to talk to NHQ about encrypting all their PII data, but that might cause my dues to go up...   :)

I noticed this change quite a while ago (CAPDB.us ingests CAPWATCH data), but figured that it was obfuscation and let it be.