Main Menu

It's finally here!

Started by Storm Chaser, December 31, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

Storm Chaser

Eclipse

"Please note, image work on this document is not complete in several places. Work on imagery will
continue while this document is out for feedback from the field."

The lighting on the "new" photos is terrible, as expected when yo take pictures in a banquet hall.

Please go to Vanguard, get some mannequins and properly light and stage the photos.

Also, there's a few "new" diagrams which are actually worse the the old ones, or feature horribly mis-matched
or inappropriate graphic elements.

Please redraw all of them.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Weigh-ins encouraged.

Golf shirt no longer equal to service uniform.

More time spent talking about when not to wear a uniform then when to wear it.

No mention of ABUs, however Chapter 7 "not used" which is where it would probably go.

Canonizes terms "Class A", etc.

Features a "National Paid Staff" rocker?  so staff are wearing uniforms now?

Features the "new" NCO insignia.

Changes tapes on BBDU to dark blue - still has metal grade on hat (why?)

RADMON, NEAT, and Member 200 patches retired.

Cadet first Sgt diamond now approved.

Clarified NRA badge.

"That Others May Zoom"

4fhoward

Any guesses how long this thread will end up being?

My guess is 22 pages.

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 06:33:26 PM
No mention of ABUs, however Chapter 7 "not used" which is where it would probably go.

Chapter 7 in the AFMAN is the Physical Fitness Uniform.

Look at the Utility Uniform chapter. 5.1.1, for example.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JeffDG

Command badge can now be worn by "Graduated Commanders" as well as active.

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on December 31, 2013, 06:42:11 PM
Command badge can now be worn by "Graduated Commanders" as well as active.

Actually mandatory on USAF-style.

"That Others May Zoom"

ranviper

1.1.2.1 COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PUBLICATION IS MANDATORY. This
publication is the sole source for wear instructions and authorized items for various
uniform combinations as prescribed within. Variation from this publication at not
authorized.
Items not listed in this publication are not authorized for wear with uniforms.
Local commanders do not have the authority to waive grooming and appearance
standards.

1.1.2.2 The Commander, CAP-USAF, with the approval of Headquarters USAF,
prescribes the wear of the USAF-style uniforms, as well as the insignia, badges, and
devices worn on these uniforms.
1.1.2.3 CAP prescribes the wear policy and the use of CAP emblems, insignia, and badges
on the Corporate-style uniforms.

I like this. Now anyone in uniform HAS to comply. Though we may all disagree on what uniform to use, at least now everyone has to wear them properly.

Eclipse

That is the same verbiage as before.  No change there.

Everyone always had to comply.  CCs have never had the authority to to waive grooming.

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Board administrators getting ready for the CAPTALK server bursting into flame....

ranviper

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 06:47:43 PM
That is the same verbiage as before.  No change there.

Everyone always had to comply.  CCs have never had the authority to to waive grooming.

Understood, but the hope is with a revised document, the CC's will re-read the standards and adhere to them. Too many events have I been too where I have seen either very large, very hairy, or very large AND hairy members in USAF style uniforms.

I meet the height and weight requirements, but I prefer to keep my beard, so I voluntarily wear BBDU's, and I think the larger and more furry members should have no shame in voluntarily wearing it either.

JeffDG

Am I reading this right...a navy blue beret is authorized for anyone?   (6.2.5, page 91)

Walkman

Removed American flag patch from BDUs (attachement 9)
QuoteEliminated American Flag Patch
on BDUs and Blue Field
Uniform
1 Jan 2017

Attachemnt 7 shows "aircrew" wings? is that new? I couldn't find other mention of it in a search...

JeffDG

Trade in your white iPhone:
Quote6.3.1.3 Handheld Electronic Devices. Handheld electronic devices are small electronic
equipment such as cellular phones (personal or official), MP3 or similar players, radio, or
hands-free devices (e.g. Bluetooth). Handheld electronic devices will be plain black,
silver, dark blue, or gray
. Holster and other storage devices used to carry handheld
electronic devices will be plain black, silver, dark blue, or gray. One handheld electronic
device may be attached to a belt/waistband on either side, clipped to a purse, or carried in
the left hand.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: JeffDG on December 31, 2013, 07:01:35 PM
Am I reading this right...a navy blue beret is authorized for anyone?   (6.2.5, page 91)

Negative. Blue Berets may be worn by those completing NBB (9.2.3, page 108 ) or otherwise authorized by the wing commander (9.4.1.6, page 109).

Walkman

Quote from: Storm Chaser on December 31, 2013, 07:05:48 PM

Quote from: JeffDG on December 31, 2013, 07:01:35 PM

Negative. Blue Berets may be worn by those completing NBB or otherwise authorized by the wing commander (9.4.1.6, page 109).

Confusing. The first reference almost reads as though everyone os allowed to wear it:
Quote6.2.5 Beret. Navy blue. Position headband straight across the forehead, one inch above the eyebrows. Drape the top over the right ear and the stiffener. Adjust ribbon for comfort, tie in a knot, and tuck inside or cut-off. Appropriate flight cap device will be worn unless worn due to Blue Beret attendance, in which case the member will wear the Blue Beret, beret device.

But then your cite say differently...

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Walkman on December 31, 2013, 07:05:04 PM
Removed American flag patch from BDUs (attachement 9)
QuoteEliminated American Flag Patch
on BDUs and Blue Field
Uniform
1 Jan 2017

Attachemnt 7 shows "aircrew" wings? is that new? I couldn't find other mention of it in a search...

My only guess is that other aircrew members (scanners, airborne photographers, etc.) may be getting wings. That would still need to be approved in CAPR 35-6.

Walkman

Quote from: Storm Chaser on December 31, 2013, 07:10:08 PM
My only guess is that other aircrew members (scanners, airborne photographers, etc.) may be getting wings. That would still need to be approved in CAPR 35-6.

SIDEBAR:
That would be nice, especially for AP. I'm still a trainee, but seeing that it's not an easy rating to be proficient in and its making up a bulk of our missions I think it is deserved.

Back to 39-1 Draft...

It looks like a few of the photos are from the current reg with heads cropped out.

JeffDG

It would be nice if they'd authorize something other than the ball-cap for the aviator uniform.

Walkman

Looks like the right shoulder flag is being replaced with optional activity patch

Quote5.1.2.3.3 Right Sleeve. One full color, special activity patch as authorized by Attachment 4 may be sewn to the coat on the right sleeve ½ inch below the shoulder seam.

(edit for typo.)