Main Menu

NCO Program Launched

Started by ProdigalJim, October 21, 2013, 10:36:18 PM

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2013, 05:49:18 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 04:52:39 PM
Wow.... i was a Sq Commander in 2011. I had no idea CAP had a Command Chief.   Well...... you know though, I was an officer so she didnt run in my circles :)

I could be wrong, but I believe she was the first to be posted as such after the "unpleasantness" with her predecessor. 

In 2008 she was listed as being a Chief from OKWG and was serving on the now-infamous uniform committee (the infamy had nothing to do with her).

I thought she was the first "Command Chief of the CAP"?

Private Investigator

Quote from: wuzafuzz on November 10, 2013, 04:11:39 PM
"...and the squadron commander is wearing a polo shirt to avoid all the silliness."   >:D

Now that is true AND funny at the same time. I am getting a new polo shirt for Christmas.  :clap:

Luis R. Ramos

Change happens in all organizations. Some for the good, some for the bad. People like the changes and stay, some do not and leave. Others do not like the changes but learn to work with them and decide to stay. Some of these start working for more changes!

That is why I have decided not to give my opinion, one way or other in this issue.

I was in CAP for two years 1985-1986, we had blue school buses and vans, our ROP was given by the FCC, we wore OG fatigue uniforms, could use metal grades, and wore grade on blue sleeves.

Came back in 1996 or so, the ROP was under the NTIA, the school buses were gone, vans were to be painted white, wore BDUs, and grades were on gray sleeves or embroidered. Went away on 2005 0r 2006.

Came back in 2011, still wore BDUs, gray sleeves, etc.

The organization evolves and everyone adjusts in some way or other...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Private Investigator

Well at least you dodged the maroon epaulets   >:D

Flying Pig

"She was a signer of the Feb 2011 "knock it off" letter about trolling salutes, so her appointment must go back to at least late 2010."

As an NCO why was she telling officers what to do?   In the true spirit of how this all works why is an enlisted persons signature on a document directed at officers?   I mean if we are going to do this.... then some LTC should have fired back a reply and told her to stay out of the affairs of officers and worry about the 15 enlisted people in CAP.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 06:19:23 PM... some LTC should have fired back a reply and told her to stay out of the affairs of officers and worry about the 15 enlisted people in CAP.

RODL   :clap:

Panache

Quote from: Private Investigator on November 10, 2013, 06:05:20 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on November 10, 2013, 06:34:47 AM
Quote from: Panache on November 07, 2013, 06:43:14 PM
My suggestion.  An update to usafaux2004's previous work... 

I'd say the CAP lettering can go...just to keep it from looking too cheesy.

That looks good but the CAP is too much. The red prop lets everyone know it is CAP plus with "CAP" in the way, where would I put a diamond or a star?  8)

(dons asbestos jacket)

Garibaldi

Quote from: Panache on November 10, 2013, 07:17:07 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on November 10, 2013, 06:05:20 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on November 10, 2013, 06:34:47 AM

I'd say the CAP lettering can go...just to keep it from looking too cheesy.

That looks good but the CAP is too much. The red prop lets everyone know it is CAP plus with "CAP" in the way, where would I put a diamond or a star?  8)

(dons asbestos jacket)

In all seriousness, wasn't the diamond or star addressed in some release or other?

In all non-seriousness, why not just create cloth replicas of the cadet stripes and let both SMs and cadets wear them?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Panache

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 10, 2013, 07:20:21 PM

In all seriousness, wasn't the diamond or star addressed in some release or other?
I think it's been "addressed" in the way First Sergeants / Command Chief Master Sergeants were most definitely not mentioned in the proposal, which would lead one to believe those positions were not being created.

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 10, 2013, 07:20:21 PM
In all non-seriousness, why not just create cloth replicas of the cadet stripes and let both SMs and cadets wear them?
Nah.  I can see that leading to confusion.

For what it's worth, I agree with most others here, I think it looks better without the "CAP" in the blue field.  But I don't think Ma Blue would like that idea too much for the SNCOs.

DennisH

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
"She was a signer of the Feb 2011 "knock it off" letter about trolling salutes, so her appointment must go back to at least late 2010."

As an NCO why was she telling officers what to do?   In the true spirit of how this all works why is an enlisted persons signature on a document directed at officers?   I mean if we are going to do this.... then some LTC should have fired back a reply and told her to stay out of the affairs of officers and worry about the 15 enlisted people in CAP.

Well one could wonder why there was a need to tell some Officers not to troll for salutes, also it would seem that their fellow officers were not able to control the knuckleheads while maintaining "Officer Affairs". If a LTC were to do that then it would seem that there is a buy at higher levels for stupid behavior. Anyone should be able to put a stop to unauthorized or illegal behavior regardless of rank. Some officers  need to pull the stick out of their fourth points of contact. Just saying.......
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Assistant Testing Officer
Supply Officer
From an old school 1SG after being told he need to be more PC to conform to the new army:
I've been a PFC three times in my career. What makes you think that I'm afraid to become one again.

Eclipse

Quote from: DennisH on November 10, 2013, 11:28:00 PMWell one could wonder why there was a need to tell some Officers not to troll for salutes,

Because someone tool a troll on anther forum seriously.

Wives tale.

Period.

"That Others May Zoom"

DennisH

Well that wives tale is told in my squadron and at Wing, sometimes there is a grain of truth even in something unbelievable. Either way all organizations need to police themselves first before it becomes a problem.
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Supply Officer
From an old school 1SG after being told he need to be more PC to conform to the new army:
I've been a PFC three times in my career. What makes you think that I'm afraid to become one again.

Shuman 14

Quote from: flyer333555 on November 10, 2013, 12:28:27 PM
Shuman, if you would not post so much in CAPTalk your time for volunteering would increase 100%...

Flyer

Actually no. I work the midnight turn 6p-6a manning an isolated gatehouse... CAPTalk is how I stay awake and alert in the wee hours of the morning.  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Eclipse

Quote from: DennisH on November 11, 2013, 12:00:49 AM
Well that wives tale is told in my squadron and at Wing

Then they should knock it off.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Well that wives tale is told in my squadron and at Wing, sometimes there is a grain of truth even in something unbelievable. Either way all organizations need to police themselves first before it becomes a problem.

That's what happens when enlisted folk run amuck without officer supervision.  They start rumors and try to make us officers look bad.   

Майор Хаткевич

I suppose, much like PAWG uniform combinations it turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy 40 some odd years later.

DennisH

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 11, 2013, 01:18:24 AM

That's what happens when enlisted folk run amuck without officer supervision.  They start rumors and try to make us officers look bad.

From what I have seen I don't think that some officers need help in that department. :)
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Supply Officer

DennisH

Quote from: Eclipse on November 11, 2013, 12:56:24 AM
Well that wives tale is told in my squadron and at Wing

Then they should knock it off.

I believe there is a memo about "Knocking it off" :)
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Supply Officer

Shuman 14

Quote from: DennisH on November 11, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on November 11, 2013, 01:18:24 AM

From what I have seen I don't think that some officers need help in that department. :)
Based on much of what I've read here... I concur.  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Luis R. Ramos

I found the memo that Sgt Todd signed in another thread of this forum.

She co-signed the memo. In other words, the memo was signed by another person. Amy Coulter [sic] in her role as National Commander of CAP.

So there is no way that any LTC could have written Sgt Todd to "mind her business" without hitting the National Commander as well...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer