Main Menu

NCO Program Launched

Started by ProdigalJim, October 21, 2013, 10:36:18 PM

Shuman 14

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2013, 12:05:09 AM
I just meant on the patch - which appears to be the focus of this program.

As you always seem to point out in any ABU thread... the "proposed" rank insignia are just that, proposed. Nothing has actually been approved by National or the USAF.There may yet be room for diamonds and stars.  ;)
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

SARDOC

Quote from: shuman14 on November 10, 2013, 05:17:08 AM

As you always seem to point out in any ABU thread... the "proposed" rank insignia are just that, proposed. Nothing has actually been approved by National or the USAF.There may yet be room for diamonds and stars.  ;)
Except there is a picture of CMSgt Todd already sporting the "proposed" rank insignia.

http://www.capvolunteernow.com/todays-features/?nco_corps_to_gain_prominence_under_new_cap_plan&show=news&newsID=17657#

Shuman 14

Quote from: SARDOC on November 10, 2013, 05:20:47 AM

Except there is a picture of CMSgt Todd already sporting the "proposed" rank insignia.

And here's a picture of U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Robert Allardice, right, and Senior Master Sgt. Dana Athnos wearing the "proposed" new USAF uniform. It was adopted when?  ;)

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/tmmkkt22/media/AirForceUniformESB1.jpg.html
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

SARDOC

Quote from: Panache on November 07, 2013, 06:43:14 PM
My suggestion.  An update to usafaux2004's previous work... 

I'd say the CAP lettering can go...just to keep it from looking too cheesy.

Shuman 14

I like Panache's with the propeller in red too, but the "CAP" really has got to go.
Joseph J. Clune

Eclipse

http://www.capvolunteernow.com/todays-features/?nco_corps_to_gain_prominence_under_new_cap_plan&show=news&newsID=17657#

I dunno - this might be either a shop or a paper fascimile of the insingia.

She was wearing standard USAF insignia at the approval signing...

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Shuman, if you would not post so much in CAPTalk your time for volunteering would increase 100%...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

FW

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2013, 07:31:35 AM

I dunno - this might be either a shop or a paper fascimile of the insingia.

The grade insignia is real. I'm pretty sure she was wearing them at the March Command Council meeting (or at least a similar version). The wear of proposed uniform items are often "modeled" before acceptance.

Flying Pig

"And standing next to CMSgt Todd is LTC Schmucketelly,.... there is no difference in what they can or cant do, niether one really out ranks the other in the traditional sense,  its just that Todd thought stripes looked better than oak leaves and Schmucketelly didnt want to be an enlisted guy"
".....and in the background is 1Lt Smith who is actually the Squadron Commander...."

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 02:52:09 PM

"And standing next to CMSgt Todd is LTC Schmucketelly,.... there is no difference in what they can or cant do, niether one really out ranks the other in the traditional sense,  its just that Todd thought stripes looked better than oak leaves and Schmucketelly didnt want to be an enlisted guy"
".....and in the background is 1Lt Smith who is actually the Squadron Commander...."
"...and the squadron commander is wearing a polo shirt to avoid all the silliness."   >:D

CAP senior member grade is about as useful as the points on "Whose Line Is It Anyway."  Well, perhaps a bit more useful.  CAP grade is a merit badge.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Flying Pig

HAAAAA...... You win 8 stripes.... just because we made eye contact.

On a serious note..... who is CMSgt Lou Todd?

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 04:13:29 PM

CMSgt Todd, née Walpus, is the Command Chief Master Sergeant the Civil Air Patrol.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: FW on November 10, 2013, 02:32:03 PM
The grade insignia is real. I'm pretty sure she was wearing them at the March Command Council meeting (or at least a similar version). The wear of proposed uniform items are often "modeled" before acceptance.

Didn't that version feature a red prop?

Ignore, photo is below.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2013, 04:18:19 PM

CMSgt Todd, née Walpus, is the Command Chief Master Sergeant the Civil Air Patrol.

Really? 

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2013, 04:18:19 PM

Really?

Since late 2011.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Wow.... i was a Sq Commander in 2011. I had no idea CAP had a Command Chief.   Well...... you know though, I was an officer so she didnt run in my circles :) 

Private Investigator

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 09, 2013, 05:19:00 PM
Is General Carr something made by General Motors?   ;D  OH MAN!  Wheeeeeeww :clap:.....  thank you thank you.... Ill be performing all night.

Two drink minimum?

Reminds me I had a SMWOG asked me one time if his uncle, the general join CAP if he could keep his star and would be like the "commanding general". He had no ideal what happens in CAP outside of Petticoat Junction Squadron.  ::)

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 10, 2013, 04:52:39 PM
Wow.... i was a Sq Commander in 2011. I had no idea CAP had a Command Chief.   Well...... you know though, I was an officer so she didnt run in my circles :)

I could be wrong, but I believe she was the first to be posted as such after the "unpleasantness" with her predecessor. 

In 2008 she was listed as being a Chief from OKWG and was serving on the now-infamous uniform committee (the infamy had nothing to do with her).

She was a signer of the Feb 2011 "knock it off" letter about trolling salutes, so her appointment must go back to at least late 2010.

Here she is at the AFSA 50th Anniversary in Mar 2011 wearing the CAP-version of the stripes.
(Originally posted on CT by sandman)

From the setup this appears to be a different event, or a different day.

You can't tell from the photos if this is the same event, but considering she's not wearing the tab-tie in the one,
it's possible she changed her blouse with the proposed stripes just for some photos. 

In this photo from the May, 2013 NSC she's wearing the standard USAF stripes

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Quote from: shuman14 on November 10, 2013, 05:07:31 AM
Quote from: flyer333555 on November 09, 2013, 01:39:21 PM
He thinks he is at the same level that Gen Carr is...

Flyer

No, but as a former NCO, like MG Carr, I think I understand his motives.

Maybe you're all right about First Sergeants, maybe there isn't a need... now. There may be in the future.

As an outsider looking in, I can see issues with the organization, which I'm afraid many of you in the CAPTalk Sunshine Brigade are too close to to see, or (more likely) you are part of the problem itself.

I've never seen a bunch of greater naysayers then I have seen since coming to CAPTalk. Phrases like: "That will never happen in CAP" or "That's the way we've always done it" are all I hear here. Any suggestion for change, regardless from inside or outside of CAP, is treated like blasphemy! I've never seen a group more resistant to institutional change than you. (Except maybe the Palestinians.)

MG Carr is going to turn CAP into an NCO driven organization and downsize the Officer Corps, which I believe the USAF wholeheartedly supports.

I would make that steak dinner bet that a degree requirement for future officer promotion beyond 1LT, just like the Military, is coming.  ;)

Gentlemen and Ladies!!! You are truly living in interesting times in CAP, I wish you all the very best of luck in it.

I agree. Very good points here on many levels. Some people want CAP to be like what they think it was like in 1941, or when they were Cadets or whatever their vision is and the GOBN is strong. But I believe change is coming too and I am kind of smug on that   8)

Private Investigator

Quote from: SARDOC on November 10, 2013, 06:34:47 AM
Quote from: Panache on November 07, 2013, 06:43:14 PM
My suggestion.  An update to usafaux2004's previous work... 

I'd say the CAP lettering can go...just to keep it from looking too cheesy.

That looks good but the CAP is too much. The red prop lets everyone know it is CAP plus with "CAP" in the way, where would I put a diamond or a star?  8)