Main Menu

NCO Program Launched

Started by ProdigalJim, October 21, 2013, 10:36:18 PM

Grumpy

Quote from: shuman14 on November 06, 2013, 02:27:56 AM
Awe... but carbonated sugar water is my only vice left.  :(

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I avoid red meat and fatty foods, I don't do drugs, I don't run thru juicey girls in Itaewon anymore... but I have to have my Dr. Pepper.  ;)

Ah yes, carbonated prune juice.  The wine of the Gods

Private Investigator

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I avoid red meat and fatty foods, I don't do drugs, I don't run thru juicey girls in Itaewon anymore... but I have to have my Dr. Pepper.  ;)

FTFY. Not appropriate for a family website sir.

DennisH

Quote from: Private Investigator on November 06, 2013, 09:09:57 AM

Not complaining about a warning, but you do know what JUICY GIRLS are right ? It doesn't sound right but it's not what it seems. Just saying ......
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Assistant Testing Officer
Supply Officer
From an old school 1SG after being told he need to be more PC to conform to the new army:
I've been a PFC three times in my career. What makes you think that I'm afraid to become one again.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: DennisH on November 06, 2013, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on November 06, 2013, 09:09:57 AM

Not complaining about a warning, but you do know what JUICY GIRLS are right ? It doesn't sound right but it's not what it seems. Just saying ......

Dunno, urban dictionary describes them as expected....

DennisH

Would that be you pretty ladies talking troops into paying for overpriced, watered down drinks for a chance to talk with them. Mostly drunks sitting at me bar. Anything else isn't really in the job description. But the name does sound like its describing something dirty and no family oriented.
1st Lt Hicks, Dennis M.
207th Composite Squadron
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Assistant Testing Officer
Supply Officer
From an old school 1SG after being told he need to be more PC to conform to the new army:
I've been a PFC three times in my career. What makes you think that I'm afraid to become one again.

RogueLeader

So, If we get CAP Specific NCO stripes: can we do away with the CAP on the Collar of all the uniforms? and can the "Circle US" be authorized on the Service Coat?  That way we are more in line with Officer uniforms.

I'm sure that the reason that the Embroidered CAP, and the cutouts are worn to help distinguish CAP NCO's from active NCO's. 
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MacGruff

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 06, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
I'm sure that the reason that the Embroidered CAP, and the cutouts are worn to help distinguish CAP NCO's from active NCO's.

Pennsylvania Wing issued a Powerpoint presentation of the Civil Air Patrol NCO Program which seems to point at where it's going. I am not sure if it's been put out on their website, or elsewhere.

The NCO stripes have the CAP in the center and the propeller below it. Here is a picture that I copied from the presentation. I am sure you'll recognize that it is quite different than the Active Duty stripes...     8)

NCRblues

Quote from: MacGruff on November 07, 2013, 02:02:28 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on November 06, 2013, 09:43:21 PM

Pennsylvania Wing issued a Powerpoint presentation of the Civil Air Patrol NCO Program which seems to point at where it's going. I am not sure if it's been put out on their website, or elsewhere.

The NCO stripes have the CAP in the center and the propeller below it. Here is a picture that I copied from the presentation. I am sure you'll recognize that it is quite different than the Active Duty stripes...     8)

The SSGT and TSGT are...hideous

Can you post the PowerPoint?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

MacGruff

I do not see any disclaimers that do not allow me to post this, so here goes...

RogueLeader

I got a email forwarded to my by my Wing Commander (I'm a Squadron CC) that has a lot of details about the NCO program, but I'm not sure of how much- if any- is supposed to be released yet; so please don't ask me to post it.

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2013, 02:08:04 AM

The SSGT and TSGT are...hideous

Agreed
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

RogueLeader

The powerpoint showed most of what was in my briefing packet.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

RogueLeader

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 07, 2013, 02:32:12 AM
SNCOs look...OK...ish.

They look a lot better than the SSgt and TSgt.

They certainly are . . .distinctive. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Phil Hirons, Jr.

How about the prop is red and the CAP in white over it?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Майор Хаткевич

Quite honestly...it would look better in any other way, without the blue over the 4/5 stripes...

SARDOC

By Looking at the powerpoint slides it looks like it's easier to get promoted to Lieutenant Colonel than Chief Master Sergeant.

Eclipse

I don't think it looks that bad, though you have to wonder why the CAP is necessary if the prop replaces the star.

The vast majority of NCOs would fall into those first to patches, so get used to them.

Assuming those insignia are the final versions, they probably dropped the red prop for cost.  As shown here it's a single color thread.

"That Others May Zoom"