Pipeline Recruiting (for cadets)

Started by Stonewall, February 18, 2013, 07:56:12 PM

Walkman

Quote from: GoneAway on February 23, 2013, 12:36:37 AM
So just out of curiousity, have many of you tried advertising in the schools?  I'm curious to find out if the schools are willing to pass on information about CAP to people or if they are against it.  In the past, I have heard that schools are not really into sharing our stuff...

Prepping for the previously mentioned open house, myself and another SM were able to have a table display during Parent/Teacher conferences at one middle school. We got a lot of interest, and had some very good conversations. What was nice doing it this way as opposed to just speaking to a group of students, was that the parents were with them. They heard the speil and got to ask their own questions. Sometimes it was the parents that approached us instead of the kid.

The one thing I would have done that I will do next time is to have a sheet for them to give contact info if they wanted to take home any literature. With people being so busy these days, I think many that showed interest but didn't attend the open house got caught up in the the crazies of life. If I had a way to contact them and remind them of the event, that might have helped.