Being Out Of Uniform at a Squadron Meeting

Started by Airman De Ruiter, January 28, 2013, 07:35:39 AM

Майор Хаткевич

It's not hard, I'm assuming your name is your user ID...

As to the joke sig?

What's wrong with C/AB Obvious?

Airman De Ruiter

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 29, 2013, 05:09:26 AM
It's not hard, I'm assuming your name is your user ID...

As to the joke sig?

What's wrong with C/AB Obvious?

I was alluding to the saying "Captain Obvious".
Airman Basic Obvious isn't even an attempt at humor.
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

Майор Хаткевич

Sure it is. I'm an Earhart cadet. When I made the C/Capt Obvious joke, it made sense.

When it's used in conjunction with a military grade, it makes sense. You don't need to direct people to the C/Capt grade (insinuating Earhart Award) to get to the joke.

abdsp51

And what personal information was that?  I do not see your name, phone number, or even your address posted anywhere here.  You were  reported to the respective commanders of units there and they figured it out.   And that was after multiple members here told you to reevaluate your approach and attitude with members here.  Did you think you were going to be able to act one way here and there not be any repercussions?

spaatzmom

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:04:44 AM

By the way, I find it a little unnecessary to seek, find, and publish my personal information.
[/quote]

Oh Grasshopper, you have much to learn.  Think of this forum as being at a large family reunion.  Lots of extended family attending with more life experience and wisdom than you can ever possess at your tender age.  Guess what family members talk and look out for each other.  Well CAP has a very well established grapevine, and just like the reunion, members talk and look out for each other.  Simple deduction from previous posts usually reveal much more than the poster thinks and possibly intends.  Don't get put off by replies from others that point out certain flaws that they see.  Try to remember that responses can be posted before another poster sees the others.  If several people point out the same thing and the only common denominator is you then you have the problem not them,

I wish you luck in your future whether it be in or out of CAP.  It will be what you make of it not someone else.

Airman De Ruiter

I understand that sometime people post before others see, but flaming me for being told ten times when I got it the first time is a little counterproductive.
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

spaatzmom

And just how are we to know that you "got" it the first time when you repeat the same type of questions in multiple threads?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Airman De Ruiter on January 29, 2013, 05:47:37 AM
I understand that sometime people post before others see, but flaming me for being told ten times when I got it the first time is a little counterproductive.

You come on a forum, and ask a basic question. There are thousands of members. If ten answer correctly, it's the same answer ten times. That's how forums work...

a2capt

* a2capt wonders if this was "out of uniform" ;)
We were checking out a location for a few future events .. and they were having a 3-Gun like competition. Shoot each kind at a different station, and combine the scores. They asked if we wanted to try .. :) Of course!

Bobble

[By the way, I find it a little unnecessary to seek, find, and publish my personal information.

I guess it could be a while before the OP will be able to join CAP.  Good luck with that.

As for the picture above, c'mon, you're pullin' our collective legs.  We all know by now that "Brown leather belongs to the USAF, CAP is OK with black leather".

At least for outerwear.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

NCRblues

I would like to know what parent is allowing their child to be up at 1 and some change in the morning posting on here.

This is one of the best trolls I have seen in a very long time.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Hawk200

Quote from: NCRblues on January 29, 2013, 03:22:17 PM
I would like to know what parent is allowing their child to be up at 1 and some change in the morning posting on here.

This is one of the best trolls I have seen in a very long time.
Interesting posting stats. Most posts between 1 and 3 AM, or between 2 and 5 PM. The day time periods last I knew were usually school related hours, and if this is a cadet that is active in a couple other programs he'd wouldn't have time. Looks a little funny.

If it's a younger cadet, time management is indeed an issue.

Texas Raiders

By the way, I find it a little unnecessary to seek, find, and publish my personal information.

Of course.  Most online forums allow their users to maintain varied levels anonymity, which can relieve the user of accountability among other things.  Understand that every post you make is subject to scrutiny and can sometimes result in real consequences.  You need to be prepared for that.

It is my opinion (not everyone will agree) that even the simple act of signing your name can at the very least keep you honest, make you think before you post, and demonstrate accountability.  I stand behind my posts and accept responsibilty for the content when I'm wrong. 
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

Bobble

Quote from: Bobble on January 29, 2013, 02:00:45 PM
[By the way, I find it a little unnecessary to seek, find, and publish my personal information.

I guess it could be a while before the OP will be able to join CAP.  Good luck with that.

"I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred and fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?"

I think I know who the OP is.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

Texas Raiders

Quote from: Bobble on January 29, 2013, 04:03:29 PM
Quote from: Bobble on January 29, 2013, 02:00:45 PM

"I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred and fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?"

I think I know who the OP is.

Jason Bourne is the OP?  That's kinda cool.    ;)
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

Pylon

I think we're more than done here.  Like I said 10+ posts ago, we're just contributing to our own heartburn at this point.  No need to dogpile on the troll.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP