Main Menu

Old membership card

Started by stillamarine, October 09, 2012, 01:46:03 AM

stillamarine

Anyone remember these cards? They weren't issued but you could buy them from capmart. My dad bought this for me in 1989 when I went to my first encampment on Okinawa for my graduation gift lol. Found it along with a bunch of other old stuff in a box my mom sent me.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SarDragon

Used to be able to get SS cards like that. Had one for a long time, until wallet got lifted. Never carried my card after that.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

I absolutely had one and am shocked I don't recall saving it.
Serving since 1987.

Garibaldi

Yeah. I had one, and I don't know what happened to it. I recall it bending once when I sat on it funny when it was in my wallet. Pretty cool thing.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

caphornbuckle

I still got mine.  Sitting in a desk drawer with all of my other "goodies" from ages ago!
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

flyboy53

Mine had an Air Force emblem.

It was purchased in 1975 at Chanute AFB, Ill. My own personal souvenir of my first encampment with the Indiana Wing.

I still have it.

Private Investigator

Quote from: stillamarine on October 09, 2012, 01:46:03 AM
Anyone remember these cards? They weren't issued but you could buy them from capmart. My dad bought this for me in 1989 when I went to my first encampment on Okinawa for my graduation gift lol. Found it along with a bunch of other old stuff in a box my mom sent me.

How cool was that? Thanks for sharing. Okinawa encampment that must have been excellent. BTW, I was at Mc Tureous in 1977.

stillamarine

Encampment was held at the NCO Academy. I have a picture of me in blues beside my dad also in blues.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com