New Cadet Programs Officers - Look Here

Started by Stonewall, September 05, 2012, 08:49:51 PM

Stonewall

Since a few people gave some positive feedback, here's another document you can use.  But like the Senior Member Orientation guide, this was updated in 2009 so there may be outdated information.

There's also the "Parent's Cheat Sheet" that I did not originate, but edited to work for my squadrons in the past.  Again, info may need updating.

Plagiarize, use and make it yours if you'd like.
Serving since 1987.

Cool Mace

I really like the parent cheat sheet. I'll be bringing this to my Sqd. CC to see if he wants to implement this.

Great work!  :clap:
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

AALTIS

I have burrowed the cheat sheet and sent it out to all members of our unit.  It will also be printed and handed out to new members.
Alan Altis, Captain
EMT/ B
MO Wing Group I
Emergency Services &
Communications Officer

NIN

Hahah. Thats actually the cheat-sheet I created for our new member packets. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Dracosbane

We have our own unit "pamphlet" that is our cadet handbook.  It's a handy reference guide to a lot of stuff that cadets don't know that they don't know and will need to quickly. 

I just had to re-write ours page by page for updates and information changes because the member that produced the last version is no longer around, and I didn't have the word template to just update.

I'm gonna take a look at these and see if there's anything different that you guys have found that I haven't included. 

I had been considering making a new/prospective member folder with a handbook, application, etc.  I believe that I might revive that idea and include the parent's cheat sheet as well.

If I get our handbook done and print ready, I might see if our commander has an issue with uploading the document here so you guys can borrow it too.

Cool Mace

We also came up with a "one sheeter" a few years back that lists uniform items, websites and a few basic things to help them through the first month or two.

I wrote it when I was cadet commander. I'll see if I can find it and upload it if anyone wants to take a look at it.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.