CPPT for Cadet Turning 18

Started by davedove, February 12, 2007, 06:28:22 PM

davedove

We have a cadet that is turning 18, and as such needs to take the CPPT.  Once this is done, is the procedure the same as for a new officer/senior member?  In other words, do we need to submit a Form 11 to National?
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Camas

Yes - same as a senior with a copy to his or her personnel file.  Some wings or groups also require a copy of the CAPF 11 be sent to them as well.  You might want to check with your group PDO or wing DPD on the procedure.

lordmonar

Your commander can update his CPPT in E-service without a Form 11.  It is good to have a hard copy for the squadron records and wing may require one for the monthly PD report....but wing does not have to be the one to enter it into E-services.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

The info I d/l'd last week indicated that a Form 11 must be sent to NHQ. When I taught Level I classes it was required that there be original signatures on the form for some obscure legal reason.

I'll check with my CC at our next meeting to see what's the latest stuff in the Commander's Corner.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on February 12, 2007, 07:40:04 PM
Your commander can update his CPPT in E-service without a Form 11.  It is good to have a hard copy for the squadron records and wing may require one for the monthly PD report....but wing does not have to be the one to enter it into E-services.

Where in eservices is this done?  I am in the "Form 11" required camp.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

New to me also, and I've got 2 that are turning Senior in the next couple of months.  Also, our Wing Personnel officer wants to see the Form 11's for her reports...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Monty

Man....while I admit things might have changed with respect to the course itself, I don't see how it can be much easier than simply e-mailing the appropriate form electronically-completed to the e-mail addy on the pubs site once the training is done...

My folks got their stuff credited by the big bugs in less than 24 hours, every time I've e-mailed 'em in.  "CC" a copy to whomever along the way and wham-o!  Killed 8 birds with one shot.  (Or if one prefers to be "old school" after the e-mailing, then print up a copy of the e-mail and attached form, lick and stick in a folder, and press on with one's Saturday.)

Melikes easing of bureaucracy....  :)

SarDragon

How do you email original signatures? (the students')
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Scan it all in and make pdf's...then email
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

Monty

Quote from: SarDragon on February 14, 2007, 12:29:29 AM
How do you email original signatures? (the students')

Fair question!  Since at least 2005 when I became a commander, I've simply typed them in (no graphic-like hand written sig required) and e-mailed them with great success!

(Done the same with promotion forms for Capt and > for my folks.  CAWG hates the e-services promotion module because it's - maybe - not beuracratic enough.  That's another thread....)

Back to e-mailed CPPT certification forms.........

Worked for nearly 2 years now!  :)  (Usually not a problem; the student and the commander's typed signature/name wouldn't be on the form if either didn't agree that CPPT credit was wanted/due.)  Typed sigs on the forms are as credible as written...especially if coming from the commander.  Not any more or less credible than forged signatures or pencil-whipped sigs would be, in the negative sense, I guess...

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

carnold1836

Quote from: Eclipse on February 14, 2007, 04:36:25 PM
And for those who are "Acrobat Challenged":

https://www.pdfonline.com/convert_pdf.asp

Or by a Macintosh and just "print" to pdf, with no additional SW needed.  :P
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

SarDragon

My point is that NHQ was requiring real, ink-on-the-paper signatures. No faxes, no photocopies, no PDFs. That's what I meant by "original signatures".

Apparently they have relaxed that requirement.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Monty

Quote from: SarDragon on February 14, 2007, 09:56:21 PM
My point is that NHQ was requiring real, ink-on-the-paper signatures. No faxes, no photocopies, no PDFs. That's what I meant by "original signatures".

Sigh....brother, you're *so* circa-2000-2001.   :P ;D

SarDragon

Quote from: msmjr2003 on February 14, 2007, 10:11:46 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 14, 2007, 09:56:21 PM

Sigh....brother, you're *so* circa-2000-2001.   :P ;D
Try as soon ago as 2005!  :P
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Quotea. Forms listed with an asterisk (*) may be transmitted without a person's actual signature via e-mail only.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787