New Jungle Boots $15

Started by Stonewall, April 18, 2012, 02:15:16 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

I wear green jungles, simply because no one else around here that I know of wears them, and I know I can set mine out to dry next to everyone else's and I know no one else is accidentally going to pick them up and I'm not going to accidentally pick up someone else's.

AngelWings

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 19, 2012, 12:17:53 PM
I wear green jungles, simply because no one else around here that I know of wears them, and I know I can set mine out to dry next to everyone else's and I know no one else is accidentally going to pick them up and I'm not going to accidentally pick up someone else's.
What I do is the old basic training trick by labeling the inside of my boots with the first letter of my last name and the last four digits of my SSN. I might come off as a try hard or poser, but it does work and saves people confusion.

titanII

Quote from: Littleguy on April 19, 2012, 10:26:56 PM
What I do is the old basic training trick by labeling the inside of my boots with the first letter of my last name and the last four digits of my SSN. I might come off as a try hard or poser, but it does work and saves people confusion.
I just write my last name inside...
No longer active on CAP talk

johnnyb47

Ordered the $15 boots two days ago, specified standard ground and according to UPS the boots are already on the truck out for delivery today.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

johnnyb47

$15 boots arrived today. Very fast shipping.
1. No speed lace. Eyelettes.
2. Flipped over. "Rothco"

Not as pictured at all but arrived in good shape. Going to wear them anyhow for the average meeting night stuff. Saves some wear on my terrain stompers.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Private Investigator

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 18, 2012, 12:38:22 PM
These aren't the junk Rothco boots many of you ate thinking of.

I guess they are    8)

dogboy

Quote from: Eclipse on April 18, 2012, 01:57:34 PM
The average CAP member will never need more than a $15 pair of boots like these. 

Unit meetings and an occasional hike are not going to tear these up.

I agree with this and want to add a special note about cadets. Younger cadets' feet will grow a full size every year. Older cadet, a half size.

There's no point in getting expensive boots if they will be outgrown in a short period. It's equally bad to buy boot too big because "you'll grow into them". Better to buy cheaper expendable boots.