Main Menu

Wanting to scream

Started by Brad, October 21, 2011, 10:02:03 AM

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on November 03, 2011, 02:01:52 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on November 03, 2011, 01:22:59 AMThat's asinine.
But, that is what it is. You have to Fail to Pass. The test has not been updated with the publications.

Then it should be removed completely.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

...and sadly, it's been like this for quite a few years now. I don't disagree, either. But otherwise, shooting for a high score on that test is futile. Aiming to pass, using outdated reference is what it is. That isn't a comm test as much as it's a test of taking tests.

Brad

Quote from: Eclipse on November 03, 2011, 01:16:27 AM
I am not a comm guy and took it cold earlier today with no regs anywhere near me, I got 56% and I wasn't even paying 1/2 attention
because I was helping #2 son with his homework. 

Most of the questions were regarding policies and procedures and very little was technical.  I'm pretty sure I can knock out all three
levels in about 30 minutes if I pay full attention.  Those are the only tests I haven't taken yet.

Yea but see my problem is with the other part. It's full of old policy and procedure that we don't even have any more. All that stuff was phased out just as I was starting to get into Communications, so I don't know it. The regulations now are maybe 50% similar to the ones that the test is citing. As I said 100-2 doesn't even EXIST anymore!!

Oh well, I've been told time and again National is aware. I may just dig up the giant binder at the squadron from the 90s with the old regs...no wait 100-1 was still FOUO at that time so it won't be in the book. Guess I'll bug my admin/pers officer, he was in comms back then and hopefully he'll know.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

You could always ask for a waiver on the test from your CC on the grounds that the test is no longer appropriate.

The regs say you have to take the ECI test for ES Senior as well, but that's been a waste of time for almost ten years.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Brad on November 03, 2011, 12:20:30 AM
Ahhh ok. I have an updated version of the BCUT/ACUT by the way if you want it, our Wing Assistant DC and a few of the other comms guys sat down and ironed out the holes in the questions. Let me know!

Yeah, we did the same thing here. Fixed the Qs and references so there are 25 valid Qs for the students.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

johnnyb47

I did a google search on 100-2 and i came up with;
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/u_082503075954.pdf

it's available right on the net..... unless I missed where there was a particular version of it you were looking for.
this is dated from '02.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brad

Finally passed the thing. One of our other comm guys has the old 100-1, 100-2, and 100-3. 85% or such.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

a2capt

Private Investigator

Quote from: Brad on November 05, 2011, 03:42:09 AM
Finally passed the thing.

Having taking all three communicator tests this is the way I see it. The Technician test is really the tough one, it has technical questions. The Senior test is more about administering the communications program. The Master test is more about managing the communications program. The Technician took four attempts, the Senior was two and the Master was two.

Of the three the Master was the easiest for me. I missed by one question completing the Mater test on the first attempt. That is my opinion. I have nothing more to say about it.