Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 11:15:27 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] Print
Author Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.  (Read 239953 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #1420 on: November 25, 2017, 10:50:36 PM »

well hello.. another new person here.. i love CAP and anything cap is usually good so i was like "hey i wonder what this "cap talk" is.. so here i am.

incase anyone is wondering, im a C/SrA (soon to be staff sergeant! (yay ;D )) and uh thats about all..

but it didn't look like this site was too active all the time so im just wondering if im just here at a busy time or if its more of a just small site.. (or if i just cant see the activeness)

Welcome!

I wouldn't call CAPTalk a "small site" in the sense that there are 404,839 posts in 20,172 topics with 7,498 members. But yes the day-to-day posting quantity is not as prolific as many sites. In CAPTalk's 12 year history (nearing 13 years), we've only averaged 87.52 posts per day.

That being said, the admins here have always hoped for quality over quantity. I'd much rather see 10 great posts in one day versus 100 or 1000 mediocre posts. The community here has always been intended to be a professional community of practice versus a water cooler of gossip. Not all have adhered to this ideal but it is nonetheless the ideal and goal of this forum. I hope you find and make good use of it. Welcome, again.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Picy3
Recruit

Unit: PCR-WA-015

« Reply #1421 on: November 26, 2017, 03:17:28 AM »

well hello.. another new person here.. i love CAP and anything cap is usually good so i was like "hey i wonder what this "cap talk" is.. so here i am.

incase anyone is wondering, im a C/SrA (soon to be staff sergeant! (yay ;D )) and uh thats about all..

but it didn't look like this site was too active all the time so im just wondering if im just here at a busy time or if its more of a just small site.. (or if i just cant see the activeness)

Welcome!

I wouldn't call CAPTalk a "small site" in the sense that there are 404,839 posts in 20,172 topics with 7,498 members. But yes — the day-to-day posting quantity is not as prolific as many sites. In CAPTalk's 12 year history (nearing 13 years), we've only averaged 87.52 posts per day.

That being said, the admins here have always hoped for quality over quantity. I'd much rather see 10 great posts in one day versus 100 or 1000 mediocre posts. The community here has always been intended to be a professional community of practice versus a water cooler of gossip. Not all have adhered to this ideal but it is nonetheless the ideal and goal of this forum. I hope you find and make good use of it. Welcome, again.

yes thank you! I have really liked it here so far so yeah and it has been very helpful.
I realized that yeah it is pretty active.
-though would be cool to see an open chat room just to talk..-
(unless there's a hidden one  :o )

oh but just wondering, is there any edit buttons for after you post something if there's an error (I couldn't find one)
EDIT: found it
I am a person.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.