texas wing encampment

Started by hnt456, May 02, 2011, 02:35:54 AM

ol'fido

I remember many years ago at Summer Encampment we had a squadron commander who was also a cadet at the Citadel. The encampment started on Friday and by Sunday evening he was so hoarse from yelling that he sounded like Froggie off of Our Gang. His nickname among some of the seniors seemed very appropriate, "Semper Pscycho".

If I had had any say in the manner, he would have been gone before his voice got anywhere near that condition.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Ned

This is yet another visit to the Land of Internet Imprecision. (tm)

There is no rule that even suggests that is always inappropriate to raise one's voice while participating in our terrific CP.

Indeed, the CP has used a military training model for over 60 years.  And raised voices are often found in military training situations, particularly when addressing groups or in noisy situations.

The problem comes up when we start using subjective terms like "yelling" which tend to mean different things to different people.

For some folks, any use of a raised voice means "yelling."  ("I was in front of the PT formation and I needed to yell to be heard by everyone.")

For others, "yelling" has a more limited and specific definition that depends on the facts and circumstances in each incident. ("The flight sergeant yelled at the cadet who was standing beside her in the barracks.")

This is probably one of those "I know it when I see it" situations where almost all experienced CP officers actually observing a situation will agree whether it is appropriate or not.  But those same officers will likely disagree if all they see is a subjective written description of the same incident.

That is why we require experienced and mature CP leaders to be present at all cadet activities.

Ned Lee
CP Enthusiast
(Watch for some guidance in this area from NHQ soon!)

hnt456

wow thats alot of replies i ment the graphic thing like the kill the triangle thingy lol  :o  :)

hnt456

o and my friend wants to know what flight will he be in hes spencer scarber cadet airman

jeders

For that answer, I suggest you check the Texas Wing Cadet Programs site here.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

hnt456

o and can i wear my ribbons and shoulder cord? im on my squadrons colorguard team and is the food crappy or decent? and do i get an SOI there? and also is PT. easy or hard ive been doing pt everday so i think it should be easy thanks!

Eclipse

Quote from: hnt456 on June 09, 2011, 05:19:41 PM
o and can i wear my ribbons and shoulder cord? im on my squadrons colorguard team and is the food crappy or decent? and do i get an SOI there? and also is PT. easy or hard ive been doing pt everday so i think it should be easy thanks!

Quote from: jeders on June 08, 2011, 08:37:18 PM
For that answer, I suggest you check the Texas Wing Cadet Programs site here.

Also, you get extra points here for spelling and grammar, that's the only way to win the new member contest.

"That Others May Zoom"

ElectricPenguin

New member contest? When did this start!? I would have signed up months ago. :o

HGjunkie

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 07:46:18 PM
New member contest? When did this start!? I would of have signed up months ago. :o

I've been playing since I signed up. Get with the game man.  :D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

davidsinn

New member contest? When did this start!? I would of signed up months ago. :o

Minus two points. Proper form would be: "would have" or "would've"  ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JROB

Yes you can wear your ribbons and your shoulder cord. The food prepared by the encampment staff is friggen awesome. I enjoyed every meal. You will get an SOI when you check in and you will be required to study it during every moment you are not encaged in something else. If I were you I'd study the items such as chain of command, the air force song, etc. Tell your friend to check the website to see what flight he's in.
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: davidsinn on June 09, 2011, 09:15:26 PM

Minus two points. Proper form would be: "would have" or "would've"(.)   ;)

That's OK. I'm sure I have millions by now.  8)

PS, you didn't have a (.) at the end of your sentence! MINUS TWO POINTS!  >:D

hnt456

Quote from: JROB on June 09, 2011, 09:46:45 PM
Yes you can wear your ribbons and your shoulder cord. The food prepared by the encampment staff is friggen awesome. I enjoyed every meal. You will get an SOI when you check in and you will be required to study it during every moment you are not encaged in something else. If I were you I'd study the items such as chain of command, the air force song, etc. Tell your friend to check the website to see what flight he's in.
lt.Robinson? have u had any comments from someone asking for advice on encampment on youtube?and are you one of the TAC officers this year?

Al Sayre

Wow, you encage your cadets? That must be one tough encampment!  Might violate CPP though.  What do you encage them in?   >:D :D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Quote from: hnt456 on June 09, 2011, 10:45:16 PM
lt.Robinson? have u had any comments from someone asking for advice on encampment on youtube?and are you one of the TAC officers this year?

Wow, that really hurt your score...

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

PM sent.

Did you do the same thing before the public fanging?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on June 09, 2011, 09:48:48 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on June 09, 2011, 09:15:26 PM

Minus two points. Proper form would be: "would have" or "would've"(.)   ;)

That's OK. I'm sure I have millions by now.  8)

PS, you didn't have a (.) at the end of your sentence! MINUS TWO POINTS!  >:D
:P
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret