Main Menu

id cards

Started by Major Lord, February 20, 2011, 01:58:49 AM

Major Lord

I sent off my renewal for CAP membership today. I joined in Sept of 2011 had a couple of great years, then cam Sept 11th, and I spent a lot of time doing miserable, and un -comfortable stuff ( Have you ever tried to climb a 40 foot Jacobs ladder in 35 Know winds while carrying a full load?) Hopefully now those days of fun are gone, and I can wait peacefully by my mail box for the ID cards I just ordered to. How long do they take those get these things out these day?

Major
Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

EMT-83

I renewed in January, it took a week or for the ID card to arrive.

Rowan

I renewed in January, too, but mine took a little longer to arrive.

PHall

Quote from: Major Lord on February 20, 2011, 01:58:49 AM
I sent off my renewal for CAP membership today. I joined in Sept of 2011 had a couple of great years, then cam Sept 11th, and I spent a lot of time doing miserable, and un -comfortable stuff ( Have you ever tried to climb a 40 foot Jacobs ladder in 35 Know winds while carrying a full load?) Hopefully now those days of fun are gone, and I can wait peacefully by my mail box for the ID cards I just ordered to. How long do they take those get these things out these day?

Major
Lord

So you joined in Sept 2011?  How is the future? ;D

JoeTomasone

Quote from: PHall on February 20, 2011, 02:43:41 AM

Major
Lord

Tell Marty I said "hi".   :)

Major Lord

Major
Lord

Wow, the dangers of no sleep!  Strike ..."Joined in 2011" replace with "2001" "Know" should read "Knot" Ignore last punctuation and syntax  errors !

Major Lord
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

SARDOC

Quote from: PHall on February 20, 2011, 02:43:41 AM

Major
Lord

I do hafta say that the future is so bright I have to wear shades.

Took about three weeks for me to get my new ID card from the time I renewed.

Shotgun

The amount of time ID cards arrive has been varying quite a bit in our unit.

One new cadet received it within a week of his application being processed. Another cadet had to wait three weeks.

I'm just speculating here, but I'm betting that National waits until they have a certain number of new cards to make before sending the order to the vendor.  (Just a guess.)

Major Lord

I renewed on Feb 19 and paid for renewal and ID cards. Nothing has shown so far.

Major Lord

ßτε

Why pay for renewal and ID card?

Spaceman3750

Quote from: ß τ ε on March 10, 2011, 06:31:06 PM

Extras. That reminds me, I need to get one...

davidsinn

Maybe he wants an extra?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Major Lord

Quote from: davidsinn on March 10, 2011, 06:31:58 PM

Maybe he wants an extra?

You are wise in the ways of ID cards!

Major Lord

ßτε

I guess I never thought to have extras.

Eclipse

Quote from: ß τ ε on March 10, 2011, 06:37:00 PM
I guess I never thought to have extras.

One in your wallet, one with your pack of cards, etc., for ES.

Been doing that since they came out with the photo IDs.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Major Lord on March 10, 2011, 06:35:13 PM

Maybe he wants an extra?

You are wise in the ways of ID cards!

Major Lord

Great minds and all that... ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Shotgun

Maybe he wants an extra?

*Facepalm*

I've always thought it would be great to have multiple ID cards.
Never thought of just ordering another one!

AngelWings

Renewed March 7th and got March 13. Only if Vanguard could catch the trend >:D

majdomke

I renewed along with my daughter in the middle of last October. I received my ID card two weeks later, she got hers about a month later. Neither of us got the new photo ID even though we renewed past the Oct 1st cut-over.

SarDragon

Quote from: ltdomke on March 15, 2011, 10:26:07 PM
I renewed along with my daughter in the middle of last October. I received my ID card two weeks later, she got hers about a month later. Neither of us got the new photo ID even though we renewed past the Oct 1st cut-over.

Do either of you have pictures uploaded to the NHQ site?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

majdomke

Yes but either way a new card would have come either with the photo or without. What we got were the old ID cards.

Major Lord

I contacted NHQ about my missing ID cards, and they told me that they were shown as mailed on or about 1 MAR . They advised me that they would send a new ID card, and it would take about 4-5 weeks . Today, three days later, three ID cards showed up in the mail, in three separate envelopes.  For my saint like patience, I was rewarded with one more ID card than I ordered!

Major Lord

Eclipse

What were the postmarks on them?

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Lord

No post marks, since these are "bulk rate" shipped on a non-profit Org type permit, ala' junk mail. (first thing I thought to check too)  The envelopes held three identical form letters, all dated Feb 25, 2011. I suspect that they are "batching" the ID card shipments.

Major Lord

Major Lord

This will probably come as a major surprise, but guess what I got in the mail today? A new ID card! Now I have four of them. I think there may be a glitch in their system.....Can't wait to see whats in tomorrows mail!

Major Lord

a2capt

A bill for membership renewal ;)

jks19714

I received my (first) ID card less than 4 weeks after joining (almost as fast as I finished level 1  ::)).  Pretty good service.  I'm still waiting for the new member packet -- maybe it's held up for budgetary reasons? 
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

exFlight Officer

I renewed on March 31st and received my new CAP ID Card in the mail today. Two weeks isn't bad, in my opinion.

Woodsy

I sent in my initial membership application at the beginning of February.  I still haven't received my ID card.  I have been active in eservices since Feb. 25.   I just got my new member packet in the mail a couple days ago. 

Major Lord

Quote from: Woodsy on April 15, 2011, 03:25:13 AM
I sent in my initial membership application at the beginning of February.  I still haven't received my ID card.  I have been active in eservices since Feb. 25.   I just got my new member packet in the mail a couple days ago.

Send them an E-mail. When I mentioned I had been waiting a couple of months, the computers promptly spit out four new ID cards and sent them out.

Major Lord

Crash

Has anyone seen these "NEW" CAPID cards?  They are a joke!  The hologram is gone!

Now these cards looks like the crappy temporary cards I get in the US Mail box for some mail-order company.  Scratch that, those actually look better!

What in the world is going on here?  They look FAKE!

Anyone else seen these?  It's embarassing...

PA Guy

Does the ID card do the job it was designed to do?  What should it look like?  Remember the CAC type is a non starter per the AF

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Crash on April 15, 2011, 04:53:47 AM
Has anyone seen these "NEW" CAPID cards?  They are a joke!  The hologram is gone!

Now these cards looks like the crappy temporary cards I get in the US Mail box for some mail-order company.  Scratch that, those actually look better!

What in the world is going on here?  They look FAKE!

Anyone else seen these?  It's embarassing...

They look fine. They clearly show our identity, photograph, and that we are AF Aux. I don't know why people are getting in a bunch over these, they're lightyears better than the library cards.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I got my photo ID yesterday.  It took about three weeks.

I don't have a problem with it, other than the ugly mug on it. >:D

It says who we are, what we are and it has the Mark Of The Beast a barcode identifier.

Question: What to do with the old, plain-blue one?

Keep it, cut it up, or send it back to National?

P.S. For those of you who don't like this card...I'm sure I'm not the only one that remembers the horrible blue-and-white flimsy back in the early '90s that passed for an ID card...I'd show that to the Security Police at an AFB and they'd look at it like "whatthehellisthis?"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SARDOC

The only thing I see about the design is that they could have chosen a larger font for the name to make it stand out a little more and easier for someone unfamiliar with the ID to locate it.

Woodsy

Quote from: Major Lord on April 15, 2011, 04:40:11 AM
Quote from: Woodsy on April 15, 2011, 03:25:13 AM

Send them an E-mail. When I mentioned I had been waiting a couple of months, the computers promptly spit out four new ID cards and sent them out.

Major Lord

I talked to them...  They said ID cards don't get sent out till the background check and finger print card results come back and they're backlogged on that. 

MSG Mac

The latest OPen Cockpit has a good article about how the IDcards are processed and mailed.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

mclarke

I have been waiting a week and a half... I hope they do not take too much longer as I have quite a few activities I am suppose to go to. I personally think they should send out both a "Library Card" one (which works great for putting in your  butt pack on the LCE) and a Photo one...

davidsinn

Quote from: mclarke on April 17, 2011, 11:12:43 PM
I have been waiting a week and a half... I hope they do not take too much longer as I have quite a few activities I am suppose to go to. I personally think they should send out both a "Library Card" one (which works great for putting in your  butt pack on the LCE) and a Photo one...

You can print a temporary ID from eServices.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

jeders

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 16, 2011, 02:29:09 AM
The latest OPen Cockpit has a good article about how the IDcards are processed and mailed.

And it can be found ---> Here <---
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse