Senior Member Dress coat

Started by MattPHS2002, December 22, 2006, 12:10:45 AM

CAPLAW

If I was the owner of Vanguard, I would hire you and make a killing selling these modified service coats$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D

Psicorp

Quote from: CAP428 on December 23, 2006, 12:46:52 AM
I don't know why this was such a big deal.  After all, the old style with the pockets rippedoff wouldn't look too bad, right??

who could tell the difference??

Umm...the left one is missing the glass of vodka tonic?  Wait a sec...they're both underage...that better be plain cider! :)

But yeah... *cringe*  especially if the fabric where the pockets were is a tad different shade.  I think my first reaction would be, "oh hell no he didn't!!"
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

CAP428

Quote from: Psicorp on December 23, 2006, 01:17:40 AM
Umm...the left one is missing the glass of vodka tonic?  Wait a sec...they're both underage...that better be plain cider! :)

hahaha.....or just grog bowl contents.

JohnKachenmeister

You know, service caps cost a lot.  Can I use a pie plate and stretch my flight cap over it to make a service cap?  I can use a piece of cardboard cut to shape and colored black with shoe polish to make the visor, and I can paint the "Farts and darts" on with white-out.

What do you all think about that?
Another former CAP officer

SJFedor

Make two, one for you, and one to go with the jacked up service coat.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SarDragon

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 23, 2006, 02:35:45 AM
You know, service caps cost a lot.  Can I use a pie plate and stretch my flight cap over it to make a service cap?  I can use a piece of cardboard cut to shape and colored black with shoe polish to make the visor, and I can paint the "Farts and darts" on with white-out.

What do you all think about that?

Nah, man, you gotta use a silver Sharpie for the farts and darts.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAP428

Wait, you mean this??

Way ahead of you Major.  Production starts tomorrow!

Oh, and I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of affixing the cap to the plate with duct tape.  I hope that's not too much of a violation of regulations.....oh, wait, I forgot!  We told the regs to go to H*** back with that service coat!!!

[And yes, I know.  I have too much time on my hands and not enough legit reasons to use Microsoft Paint.] ;D

MIKE

Mike Johnston

CAP428

Quote from: MIKE on December 23, 2006, 03:33:59 AM
Specialty badge is way too low.

Well, I would go tell him what's what but the problem is...it's a generic photo.  I have no idea who it is.  Sorry for the bad pic choice.  Perhaps you can go hunt him down.

SJFedor

Quote from: CAP428 on December 23, 2006, 03:15:02 AM
Wait, you mean this??

Way ahead of you Major.  Production starts tomorrow!

Oh, and I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of affixing the cap to the plate with duct tape.  I hope that's not too much of a violation of regulations.....oh, wait, I forgot!  We told the regs to go to H*** back with that service coat!!!

[And yes, I know.  I have too much time on my hands and not enough legit reasons to use Microsoft Paint.] ;D

That looks more like the Cadet officer insignia on that hat.

I want one.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

CAP428

Quote from: SJFedor on December 23, 2006, 03:39:55 AM
I want one.

Allrighty, here's the deelio:  Go to www.civilairpatrolstore.com, find it on line, click "order", follow the instructions.  Pay a large sum for the hat itself, an outrageous fee for shipping, then wait a few months and hope that it somehow floats to your house as if by magic.  :)

And who said running Vanguard's CAP operation was so difficult?

SJFedor

REDACTED: Yeah, that may have been a tad extreme.

I don't expect the new hat to be available from vanguard for a while. Still waiting on them putting up the SFO embroidered grade online.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

MIKE

Mike Johnston

DNall

;D Yep, you guys still got it. Anybody want a slightly used keyboard? Just needs cleaning.

I gotta be out at Sq tmrw & we got tons of old style service coats, I'm almost tempted to find a damaged one one & take the pockets off, put my rack & junk on, snap some pix just for a VA - almost.

shorning

Ding, fries are done. What's the next topic?