USAF Civil Engineering Academy

Started by HGjunkie, January 03, 2011, 10:17:01 PM

HGjunkie

Hallo,

I've been looking into the USAFCEA as my #2 NCSA due to hearing some very high praise about it from staff at the recent FLWG winter encampment. Just wondering, has anyone here gone to this NCSA, and if so, can they give me an idea of what they do there?

Thanks.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

HGjunkie

*Drools* I'm tempted to bump this up from my #2 pritoity behind HGA to #1...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

jeders

Yeah, if I were still a cadet, this would be my absolute #1.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

DC

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 04, 2011, 01:17:29 AM
Is there any question? Not to knock it too hard, but at HGA you learn how to spin rifles, look pretty in your service dress, and wear a big, gaudy (IMHO...) shoulder cord.

AFCEFC you go learn how to build airbases and spend a week learning about a 'real job' and possibly get some knowledge that will help you in the future.

For that matter, HGA is way more expensive too, and to 'complete the program' you have to go three years in a row IIRC.

HGjunkie

Quote from: DC on January 04, 2011, 02:16:16 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on January 04, 2011, 01:17:29 AM
Is there any question? Not to knock it too hard, but at HGA you learn how to spin rifles, look pretty in your service dress, and wear a big, gaudy (IMHO...) shoulder cord.

AFCEFC you go learn how to build airbases and spend a week learning about a 'real job' and possibly get some knowledge that will help you in the future.

For that matter, HGA is way more expensive too, and to 'complete the program' you have to go three years in a row IIRC.
Yeah, 3 years is the whole thing. The only reason i'm stuck is because I've already completed my first year there. But by golly I am soooo thinking about putting CEA as #1.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

Every mission is important, I know you said not knocking it too hard, but the role of the Honor Guard is important too. Probably much more visible at times, too.

...but, that CEA certainly does look like a *great* activity to attend.

HGjunkie

Eh, what the hell. I decided to put civil engineering as #1. Anything to get back to RED HORSE country for a third week.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

BTCS1*

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 04, 2011, 07:06:35 PM
Eh, what the hell. I decided to put civil engineering as #1. Anything to get back to RED HORSE country for a third week.
Someones gonna need a name change.
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

superchief1077

I want to both AFCEA and HGA last year. I would say go to HGA. A lot about AFCEA is very introductory and you don't learn as much as you would think. By the way what flight were you in at HGA?

SarDragon

Well, it's supposed to be introductory. They are introducing potential career fields.

On top of that, there are far more career opportunities available in CE than there are in HG, especially in the civilian sector. CEA might still be the better choice.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HGjunkie

Quote from: superchief117 on January 14, 2011, 07:25:35 PM
I want to both AFCEA and HGA last year. I would say go to HGA. A lot about AFCEA is very introductory and you don't learn as much as you would think. By the way what flight were you in at HGA?

Atlantis.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Bloodsky

Quote from: jeders on January 03, 2011, 10:39:58 PM
A synopsis (of sorts) from two years ago, enjoy.

Cant register for an account there, can anybody please copy and paste here?

Been selected as primary for 2013 and would like some more information about this activity, have heard a lot of praise for it but not a whole lot of base to it.