Where can i find the ECI-13 ?

Started by stkgc, March 16, 2010, 02:23:26 PM

stkgc

Eclipse

ECI-13 was replaced on 1 Jan with the OBC for anyone not already enrolled.  Though you can technically still enroll
in the old class until July, you don't want to.

See here for details:

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_university/officer_basic_course.cfm

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Has there been any update on cadets using OBC instead of ECI-13?

Eclipse

Nothing I've seen, but considering that from comments here its booked through at least 4Q, there probably would not be any room for them this year anyway.

"That Others May Zoom"

WheelsUp

Whatever you do, do NOT take the old-style 00013 paper course.

I could not get through the first Volume (history), because there were loads of historical errors and it was edited by drunken Klingon-speakers.

I closed the book when I read that is was Discovery, not Challenger, that was destroyed during launch in 1986. How many CAP members (especially those under 30), still think it was Discovery.
ES Training Officer/Mission Scanner

a2capt

Did you not get a page of corrections, to apply to the text, before reading it?

I know, the mistake is lame. But there were corrections there.

As for Cadets taking the ECI-13 route, there is no other way yet, so while enrollment is still open, I don't see any reason they shouldn't use the option.

Майор Хаткевич

Wasn't there a statement out of NHQ that the OBC will NOT be applied to cadets, thus its either COS or RCLS.

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 12, 2010, 06:08:36 PM
Wasn't there a statement out of NHQ that the OBC will NOT be applied to cadets, thus its either COS or RCLS.

Yes.

"That Others May Zoom"

WheelsUp

I got supplemental pages detailing corrections elsewhere. But it just could not help me overcome the poor editing of the overall document. Yeah, yeah, I sound like an old schoolteacher.
ES Training Officer/Mission Scanner