Who's regularly flying the glass cockpit 182's?

Started by A.Member, November 15, 2006, 06:46:08 AM

ande.boyer

Quote from: Psicorp on November 20, 2006, 04:36:50 PM
From what I've heard, MIWG has mandated that pilots who wish to fly the glass cockpit C-182 are being required to have a minimum of 10 hours PIC per month to stay current on it. 

That's insane.  I hope that's funded flying..??

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

RiverAux

I suspect that someone got mixed up with that MIWG info.  From what I understand you need 10 hours of instruction in the glasscockpit before being "certified" in it.  Perhaps that got confused with currency maintenance somehow. 

aveighter

The G1000 is pretty fair at grid flying.

Place two points on the map.  First is the IP or entry point to the grid.  Second is the end point of the first leg.

Make your 180 degree turn and fly the crosstrack error at 1 mile (or whatever your track spacing is). 

Keep repeating the process.  The crosstrack error will keep you right on line and correct for wind.  A standard rate turn @ 90kts will put you about 1 mile downrange on the turn so it all works out pretty well and draws a neat grid too.

A.Member

Quote from: aveighter on December 20, 2006, 09:52:48 PM
The G1000 is pretty fair at grid flying.

Place two points on the map.  First is the IP or entry point to the grid.  Second is the end point of the first leg.

Make your 180 degree turn and fly the crosstrack error at 1 mile (or whatever your track spacing is). 

Keep repeating the process.  The crosstrack error will keep you right on line and correct for wind.  A standard rate turn @ 90kts will put you about 1 mile downrange on the turn so it all works out pretty well and draws a neat grid too.
But that's not an expanding square. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

aveighter

Expanding squares are for sissys. ;)

Real men fly grids.

A.Member

Quote from: aveighter on December 21, 2006, 01:23:50 AM
Expanding squares are for sissys. ;)

Real men fly grids.
LOL...I'll keep that in mind.  ;D
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."