Does anyone recognise this uniform?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, June 18, 2014, 02:00:25 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

It appears to be a USAF enlisted man (it's actually from a thread about mess dress for a wedding), but if so, he is wearing an officer's coat, a blue aiguilette (which I associate with a Training Manager) and shoulder marks I cannot make out.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

https://www.flickr.com/photos/airforcetwloha/2202025426/

He says he's in the USAFA. Photo is dated 2008, but seems to have popped up on a number of wedding boards and Pinterest.

Have they moved from shoulder board to sleeves?

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Storm Chaser

That makes sense. MTMs have to be at least SrA, which he's not. No regular Air Force enlisted wears slides on the epaulets of the service dress coat either.

Flying Pig

Yip... nothing sinister going on.... unless he's posing as a Prep school cadet. :)  You would have to have serious self esteem issues to be a prep school poser!  :) (just  a joke... don't anybody get all uppity on me!)

Eclipse

If you Google Air force Academy Prep School, there's plenty more photos, including many with metal grade pinned
onto the epaulet sleeve.

Af.mil seems to be flakey today so a lot of links and images are either slowly loading or 404-ing.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 18, 2014, 03:41:35 PM
Yip... nothing sinister going on.... unless he's posing as a Prep school cadet. :)  You would have to have serious self esteem issues to be a prep school poser!  :) (just  awoke... don't anybody get all uppity on me!)

Thankfully not another Sergeant Soup Sandwich.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Flying Pig

Photo taken in 2008...... dude is probably a 1Lt by now.