Government Shutdown impact to CAP?

Started by Papabird, September 25, 2013, 05:25:21 PM

Eclipse

The notice was sent to all Wing CCs and Wing Operations staff primary officers.

There is also a pop-up box on WMIRS and the notice is prominent on the WMIRS home page.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on October 04, 2013, 12:53:27 PM
The notice was sent to all Wing CCs and Wing Operations staff primary officers.

There is also a pop-up box on WMIRS and the notice is prominent on the WMIRS home page.
They've only cracked open C12s (fka C17s) and C7s (Form 5s) for MPs and TMPs when required for proficiency and maintaining qualifications.

A "VFR Pilot" without the TMP can't book a proficiency flight right now.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: SunDog on October 04, 2013, 04:18:32 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 04, 2013, 12:04:31 AM
It was two days during a week no one does anything anyway.

It's not like there were crews clamoring to fly and we've been tossing off the walls like World War Z.

Odds are 1/4 of the membership isn't even aware of the shutdown, let alone any cognizance it affects CAP.

Three days, or, about 1% of the days available in the FY. The "update" on eServices still says emergency missions only. I haven't seen any comms changing that, at least not yet.  We tend to goof around early in the FY, flying pro, self-funded check rides, things like that. About 1 in 4 of my checkrides happen in non-CAP aircraft.  On the plus side, I do get a notice to renew my membership on each log-in; looks like they have their priorities in order, per past performance.
Yes, because they manually code in a renewal notice each time you specifically log in, instead of having the page run an if statement againt your expiration date to decide whether or not to show the notice, which has been the case for YEARS!
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eclipse

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on October 04, 2013, 02:40:30 PM
Yes, because they manually code in a renewal notice each time you specifically log in, instead of having the page run an if statement againt your expiration date to decide whether or not to show the notice, which has been the case for YEARS!

There are two easy ways to make that box disappear.

Renew.

Don't renew.

Interesting that an "active pilot" who asserts that "few people go into eservices on a regular basis" is seeing that box, yet isn't in WMIRS to see the operations updates.

"That Others May Zoom"

SunDog

Are you kidding me? Are you serious? Why would I be in WMIRS  this week with flying shut down? And I was in eServices because my CC asked me to help out with a SUI, and because Eclipse mentioned the ban on self funded was lifted. Silly me, thought there may be some accurate update there. Haven't looked today, but last night the inaccurate memo was still posted on eServices. . .

My point on renewal was NHQ makes certain that gets addressed in the software, then lets the rest of it go to pot. I didn't write one word about the renewal notice being an issue - you're reading between the lines

I don't give a rats butt if they sent a notice to Wing level - if the members don't get the word, then it's a diffrence without distinction. Lameness continues. . .

Майор Хаткевич

The notice is not inaccurate. It is accurate as dated.

SunDog

Amazing. Astouding. Truly, LOL!  and, crying on the inside.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the only representative example you'll need to illuminate the current state of our organization, it's management, and likely future.

abdsp51

Quote from: SunDog on October 04, 2013, 03:59:05 PM
Amazing. Astouding. Truly, LOL!  and, crying on the inside.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the only representative example you'll need to illuminate the current state of our organization, it's management, and likely future.

Disgruntled are we?

SunDog

We are not amused, for sure. Exasperated is more like it.

The rest of life calls, however, and the time has come to take my leave. Best of luck to all, and goodbye.

Майор Хаткевич

Well then. How will CAP ever move on?

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 04, 2013, 04:50:14 PM
Well then. How will CAP ever move on?

The same way it always does, Pinky...we try to take over the world.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Limited C15 glider operations have been authorized.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

WSJ reporting Pentagon to recall most civilian employees...

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-346995/

Pentagon Recalls Civilian Workers As Shutdown Persists
Pentagon says it would call most of its 350,000 furloughed civilian workers back to their jobs, concluding
that a recent law allows officials to consider them critical to protecting national security.

"That Others May Zoom"

AirDX

Front and center on capmembers.com, for those too busy to log in to e-services.

Wow, disseminating news via an organization's website, what will they think of next?
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Private Investigator

Re: Government Shutdown impact to CAP?

For myself, I am taking more 'quiet time' for myself.   8)

DMinick

I have a question about memberships with this!! I know that SR members aren't happening because of the fed background checks. I'm told FBI aren't doing them during this time because they are not life and death. Are cadet app's being processed and approved or no? And what about renewals? Are all of them going through ok, or are they on hold as well? Thanks!!!
Debby Minick, 1st Lt, CAP
Civil Air Patrol
United States Air Force Auxiliary
Personnel Officer, Administration Officer, Finance Officer
Stillwater Composite Squadron OK-103

Eclipse

Quote from: DMinick on October 07, 2013, 01:11:35 AM
I have a question about memberships with this!! I know that SR members aren't happening because of the fed background checks. I'm told FBI aren't doing them during this time because they are not life and death. Are cadet app's being processed and approved or no? And what about renewals? Are all of them going through ok, or are they on hold as well? Thanks!!!

There's been no specific comment on this, but considering all WAs and HQ staff are on furlough, it's doubtful.

"That Others May Zoom"

Johnny Yuma

Well someone at National's working, I heard on national radio this morning that SDWG's flying SAR missions for missing hunters all over the area affected by the early blizzard they got.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on October 09, 2013, 12:14:12 AM
Well someone at National's working, I heard on national radio this morning that SDWG's flying SAR missions for missing hunters all over the area affected by the early blizzard they got.
TN had an ELT search late last week.