Ops Plan favor

Started by Walkman, April 06, 2011, 06:01:07 PM

Walkman

I'm planning a 2-sdqn weekend FTX for GTM3. I need to write an ops plan, but I've never done it before (no one else in the sqdn has either). I have a training outline/schedule for the weekend.

Would one of you with experience in this help me out. PM me and I'll send you the schedule and we can discuss from there.

Thanks!

a2capt

The flip side of that coin, too might be other units in your group/wing and the command that you submit this too.

As a lot of that may be just plain local voodoo and subject to whatever direction those winds are blowing. :) Look at the schedule and see who had the last activity of a similar nature and ask them for a sample of their accepted plan of operations since that passed the sniff test locally.

You might be able to actually download one from WMIRS, select a recent/future mission thats approved and see if you have the button on the upper left that says "View/submit documents".

CAWG's blank template is here: cawgf021.doc

Spaceman3750

Illinois' plan is here. That is supplemented by an appendix detailing your training scenario and sortie information. Closer to the exercise an IAP is formed by the command staff.

Walkman

Thanks for the resources! I'll check them out and if I have questions, I'll holler.

RVT

Quote from: Walkman on April 07, 2011, 03:40:32 AMThanks for the resources! I'll check them out and if I have questions, I'll holler.

One would think these documents would be a lot more similar than they are.

smj58501

These are nice and satisfy the requirement. I would also recommend looking at a five para OPLAN the Army uses.  A key element missed in the standard CAP OPLAN is task, purpose, and end state amung other things covered in the Army format.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP