Main Menu

CAP Tirades

Started by CAPDCCMOM, April 07, 2016, 06:03:46 PM

CAPDCCMOM

Hello All,

I am very bored at work. Looking for the best of the best CAP Tirades. Points to be given on form, content, and multiple conflicting and contradictory regulations.

The gauntlet has been CAST

Holding Pattern

CAP Recruiting: You don't need to wear a uniform.
CAP Regulations: You must own a uniform.

CAP MOU with ARRL: Promote HAM radio
CAP regs: NO HAM RADIO!

FEMA MOU with CAP: CAP provides radiological monitoring support.
CAP has discontinued radiological monitoring support at a point in time when it has never been cheaper or easier to get us involved in RM!

Holding Pattern

CAP Mission Statement:
"Supporting America's communities with emergency response, diverse aviation and ground services, youth development, and promotion of air, space and cyber power."

Number of senior member level activities supporting cyber power: 0
Number of satellites operated by CAP in history: 0

Thonawit

Uniform non Uniformity - How many different uniforms and uniform interpretations did you see at the last SAREX...
Regularly contradicts, contradicted CAP Regulations...

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Thonawit on April 07, 2016, 06:34:50 PM
Uniform non Uniformity - How many different uniforms and uniform interpretations did you see at the last SAREX...

And my personal favorite on that note: What color of grey pants do we standardize on?

CAPDCCMOM

:clap: Very good Warm Up Gentlemen!! But I know that we can do better!!! Excellence in everything we Do! (Including tirades, rants, and general griping)

Thonawit

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on April 07, 2016, 06:39:37 PM
Quote from: Thonawit on April 07, 2016, 06:34:50 PM

And my personal favorite on that note: What color of grey pants do we standardize on?

It's in the all telling book - The 50 shades of CAP Gray
Regularly contradicts, contradicted CAP Regulations...

CAPDCCMOM

Cadet Programs:
Motivate our future Leaders to Promote and be Challenged...

Reality: Look at Cadet sideways or offer encouragement or counseling, get accused of Hazing Cadet Precious Snowflake

THRAWN

Three missions....ha! More like "Jack of all trades...."
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

stillamarine

Quote from: THRAWN on April 07, 2016, 07:12:59 PM

Master of none.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

THRAWN

Quote from: stillamarine on April 07, 2016, 07:35:32 PM

Master of none.

Exacta-mundo. When you factor in all of the PD, communications, IT, etc, what it really boils down to is that CAP really has TWO missions: education and service. You can paint a lot of fence with that broad brush. Or we could just pretend that we actually have and execute 3 missions.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Spaceman3750

Quote from: THRAWN on April 07, 2016, 08:23:25 PM
Quote from: stillamarine on April 07, 2016, 07:35:32 PM

Master of none.

Exacta-mundo. When you factor in all of the PD, communications, IT, etc, what it really boils down to is that CAP really has TWO missions: education and service. You can paint a lot of fence with that broad brush. Or we could just pretend that we actually have and execute 3 missions.

PD, communications, and IT are not our missions (with some narrow exceptions in the comm space related to conducting radio relay/nets for outside agencies). They are the support framework to help us accomplish our three missions.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 07, 2016, 08:35:35 PM
PD, communications, and IT are not our missions (with some narrow exceptions in the comm space related to conducting radio relay/nets for outside agencies). They are the support framework to help us accomplish our three missions.

+1 People seem to forget that.  That also goes for Legal, Safety, Health Services, Chaplains, Logistics, Admin, Personnel, Finance, Public Affairs, IG, Historian, RRO, DDRx (partially), Stan Eval, and anything else, including Higher HQ above the unit, that isn't ES, AE, or CP operations.

That's why it's incumbent on those directorates to be as streamlined, informed, and mission / member focused as possible. 

The missions can't be accomplished without them, but they aren't the mission.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

My all time favorite...

The GOB networks!

If your not in, your out, or maybe in at a later date but out now until someone new takes over and then maybe I'm out and your in... In any case your in...or was that out?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

avguy

Cadet cannot promote without possessing a CAP uniform and wearing it properly.

CAP will not provide a uniform (voucher) until after cadet promotes.

If unit doesn't have BDU to issue, cadet/parents must purchase BDU.

CAP proclaims that ABUs are pending final approval, but forces cadets/parents to purchase BDU instead.
Will Craig, Maj, CAP
CC
NCR-MN-042

Eclipse

And this is different, how?

I can tell you from direct experience that the new program is putting uniforms in the hands of cadets
who have shown an actual investment in CAP much quicker then before, and CEAP provides even more
support for encampment uniforms.  The rate at which these things are flowing is quite impressive, actually.

Cadets >always< had to buy the BDU, this has not changed at all.  The random chance of some units having
them doesn't change that.  I didn't care for the verbiage about units supplying them either, but that sentence isn't a
requirement by any means, just a suggestion.

How does the possibility of a new uniform down the road affect this?  There will be a sundown by which time
the cadet would have more then grown out of the BDU anyway.  Assuming it's ever actually implemented, no one has
to buy them day 1, cadet or senior, unless being the "cool kid" is somehow important.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: NCRblues on April 07, 2016, 09:24:06 PM
My all time favorite...

The GOB networks!

If your  you're not in, your  you're out, or maybe in at a later date but out now until someone new takes over and then maybe I'm out and your  you're in... In any case your  you're in...or was that out?

FTFY.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

Quote from: SarDragon on April 08, 2016, 04:39:22 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on April 07, 2016, 09:24:06 PM
My all time favorite...

The GOB networks!

If your  you're not in, your  you're out, or maybe in at a later date but out now until someone new takes over and then maybe I'm out and your  you're in... In any case your  you're in...or was that out?

FTFY.

It was meant to be a satire of those people who (rightly or not) believe everything done in CAP is conducted by a super secret "club" that they are not in.

SarDragon

Are you viewing this on a phone, text only? I was correcting your repeated misuse of the word "your".
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

Quote from: SarDragon on April 08, 2016, 04:47:39 AM
Are you viewing this on a phone, text only? I was correcting your repeated misuse of the word "your".

No no, we are both missing this train.

I get what you did, you do not get what I was trying to convey over the interwebs.

It was supposed to be a sarcastic use of that whole sentence including the structure and "use of your" in an incorrect form.

Does not translate well, 10-4