Turning a Chance Encounter In To An Aerospace Win

Started by NIN, June 16, 2017, 06:22:14 PM

NIN

A good friend and former commander of mine, Col Bill Moran, wrote this white paper about a chance encounter surrounding aerospace bringing benefits to both the local CAP squadron and a local school.  I thought it might be helpful to other AEOs and commanders in terms of how good external AE can help a broader awareness.

As Linda Richman would say: "Discuss!"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Wow! Good job!!!

Is he a certified teacher? Need to be? Or working under another that covers it?

These students must be eating this up. Can't help but to imagine how many may be inspired to go in these directions.  :clap:
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

TX CAP Mom

This is really wonderful! I wish so many more schools and programs had interested adults (with the time and ability) volunteering their expertise and passion! A lot of times private schools and home school classes don't require teacher certification but just need the volunteers willing to share their knowledge and time. Volunteering my time to teach other peoples kids (particularly high school) has been one of the greatest blessings of my life.

Thank you for sharing!

NIN

It speaks to the synergy that a well-executed AE program (eps External AE) can have for a unit's well being and community awareness.

Couple this with a little PAO action and you've got a great newspaper article

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.