Main Menu

Just another suggestion

Started by JAFO78, November 10, 2008, 04:13:38 PM

JAFO78

Can I suggest an area where squadrons can list their web sites. They can show them off. I think that you my be a good idea to lock out reply's so we don't get into mines better than yours fights.

What does everyone think?
JAFO

MIKE

Meh, results in a number of one post topics with broken or outdated links.  Pass.

Post it in your profile under Website title and Website URL... that's what it's for.
Mike Johnston

Hoorah

NC Hokie

Quote from: MIKE on November 10, 2008, 04:23:56 PM
Meh, results in a number of one post topics with broken or outdated links.  Pass.

Post it in your profile under Website title and Website URL... that's what it's for.

How about setting up a sticky thread like "Show Yourself!" in The Lobby for squadron websites?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JAFO78

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2008, 04:27:08 AM
How about using Google...

I just did... Results 1 - 20 of about 161,000 for civil air patrol squadrons. (0.28 seconds)

WOW I didn't know CAP had 161,000 squadrons !!! membership must be what ? several hundred thousand. I know, we each have our own unit so it must be 161,00

>:D
JAFO

Gunner C

Quote from: Rob Goodman on December 14, 2008, 05:06:16 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2008, 04:27:08 AM
How about using Google...

I just did... Results 1 - 20 of about 161,000 for civil air patrol squadrons. (0.28 seconds)

WOW I didn't know CAP had 161,000 squadrons !!! membership must be what ? several hundred thousand. I know, we each have our own unit so it must be 161,00

>:D

I tried a couple of things to narrow it down - I still came up with 109,000.  I'll have to read them tomorrow when I have more time.  ;D

Pumbaa

Many of those Google finds are multiple pages of the same site.  Thus the high numbers.  Just entering in my 'town' and the letters 'CAP' yielded  our web site in the first 4 finds from google for my site.

Based on what I have seen on CAPTalk it would be a "you know what contest", new threads would be opened and sites would be blasted, becoming nothing more than a uniform thread for websites.. no thank you....  And I agree about the broken links comment too. 

All in All... That's why I do not post my squadron and group websites addi's.  Even though when wing approved them and asked if they could use my sites as examples and have me teach at a wing conference sometime about building a proper website. I've learned CAPTalk is not the place to list it.

BTW. Just on our Wing website there are 3 broken links to squadron websites!  It's a joke.