What do new senior members wear on the ABU's?

Started by Shawn.raft, October 27, 2016, 02:41:29 AM

Shawn.raft

I was looking through vanguard and I didn't see anything for a new senior member to wear. I know the BDU's its the ultramarine cloth with CAP on them but I cant find the dark blue ones. I don't know it's I can't find it or they are not selling the dark blue cloth with CAP on it because maybe they want new senior members to not have any insignia until flight officer. Some one please help. Thank you

Eclipse

Senior member do not wear anything on their collars until and only  if the are appointed to an officer grade.

The days of "cutouts" are, thankfully long gone.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

That's all there is to it.  The only way you tell a C/AB from a SM is age now.  If they're a young SM, good luck.  But it means they only have to worry about sewing on a nametape and CAP ("branch") tape.

HandsomeWalt_USMC

CAPM 39-1, Figure A5-2 shows the cloth ultramarine blue CAP cutout as the grade insignia for SMWOG pursuing Officer grade.
This insignia is also available in the new silver on AF blue cloth worn on the ABU. I think it would stand to reason that if NHQ directed that you wear the cloth CAP cutout on BDUs as a SMWOG, the same grade insignia on the new cloth is intended for wear by SMWOG on the ABU.
There have been examples in the already beaten to death ABU threads of authorized insignia being inadvertently omitted from the ABU changeover. Wearing the cloth cutouts, while it might irk one of the uptight, letter of the regulations types, will avoid the possibility of being mistaken for a cadet.
As always, check with your chain of command for further guidance on this issue.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

Eclipse

That figure is incorrect, as are many others in the document.

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

I love this line...."Wearing the cloth cutouts, while it might irk one of the uptight, letter of the regulations types, will avoid the possibility of being mistaken for a cadet." Those pesky regulations and those that follow them....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Shawn.raft

So for ABU's senior members don't wear anything but for BDU's you wear the ultramarine CAP cutouts. Is that correct?

DakRadz

No. Read the manual. You don't wear cutouts whatsoever. The language and text is correct. Some pictures may not be.

1st Lt Raduenz

JC004

The problems with the graphics are a well-known issue.  I am a strong advocate of using high-end garment design software to produce graphics that are exact, and show what an ACTUAL garment looks like.