What boots do you wear?

Started by Persona non grata, February 16, 2012, 08:01:15 PM

Persona non grata

Just seeing what boots people wear these days in CAP , most of us use to only wear the jungle or all leather combat boot back in the day.  Now there are so many choices.

This is what I wear for CAP  and work.

Orginal Swat Air
Converse pursut boot
Mach boot
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

jks19714

Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

Extremepredjudice

I wear jungle Bellevilles and I used to wear Jungle Bates, but they got ruined.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

abdsp51

5.11 and SWAT when paperwork approved and SWAT for work.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

I wear nearly the same thing as above, but it has an adjustable insole sans goretex.

Delta-8's
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

AngelWings

Bates paratroopers or the old military issued all leathers.

vento

titanII

No longer active on CAP talk

GTRanger

Magnums are great, I have a pair of Waterproof Magnum " Interceptors". I've never had a problem with them, and they've been caked in feet of clay and drenched in the dirtiest water you can find.

"These things we do, that others may live." -USAF Pararescue and Ranger Motto

MIKE

Bates Infantry Combat Boots.  My next pair should have a nonmetallic safety toe though.
Mike Johnston

Abby.L

Well, I just wear some Response Gear boots that have the zipper on the side. Not too bad for $40.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

gordo07

Quote from: titanII on February 16, 2012, 09:22:05 PM
Corcoran Jump Boots

+1, used to wear my full leather black logger fire boots, but after I got a custom pair of brown leather, I had to get some black boots again

Sapper168

I wear a pair of basic tac type boots for most activities, but i do break out the boots I was issued in Basic Training, all leather speed laced  boots, For field use.  They are broken in, fit like a glove, have chewed dirt in both Korea and Eastern Europe, and still hold a shine!  ;D 8)

I am giving serious thought to buying a pair of jump boots to replace the tac boots though, kind of a personal reward for when ive lost the extra weight and get into camo bdu's. ;)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Spaceman3750

I wear Danner Striker II's (GoreTex FTW). They're very comfortable, though their longevity has been called into question. I'm hoping that since I'm not the 40+ a week type that typically wears this boot that I won't see any issues for awhile.

titanII

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on February 17, 2012, 03:44:04 AM
GoreTex FTW
+1,000
The only reason I don't have GoreTex boots for CAP is because I haven't been able to find a black leather boot with GoreTex that I'm willing to pay the money for.
No longer active on CAP talk

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: titanII on February 17, 2012, 04:10:28 AM
GoreTex FTW
+1,000
The only reason I don't have GoreTex boots for CAP is because I haven't been able to find a black leather boot with GoreTex that I'm willing to pay the money for.
GoreTex owns. I fell into water wearing my GoreTex boots, and was able to get out with my feet only wet from my socks.

Sucked being in wet BDUs...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

AngelWings

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 17, 2012, 04:16:16 AM
Quote from: titanII on February 17, 2012, 04:10:28 AM
GoreTex FTW
+1,000
GoreTex owns. I fell into water wearing my GoreTex boots, and was able to get out with my feet only wet from my socks.

Sucked being in wet BDUs...
Wear a poopie suit under it then  >:D

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on February 16, 2012, 10:04:41 PM
Bates Infantry Combat Boots.  My next pair should have a nonmetallic safety toe though.

I wear the ICB's all the time in the Marines. I've put a lot of miles under a lot of weight on those boots.  They've taken a beating in some nasty terrain, and are comfortable enough to live in, in the field, for weeks at a time.  A testament to their durability, I think I still have the pair that I wore all through Parris Island and School of Infantry.  If a pair of boots can survive that, it can survive anything.  Heh.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP