Space Force unveils prototype service dress

Started by Eclipse, September 21, 2021, 05:01:03 PM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

That's going to take some getting used to seeing.

JohhnyD

I keep thinking Nixon when looking at these. Odd.

PHall

Interesting, willing to bet that this is nowhere near what the final versions will be.

JohhnyD

If they designed the women's dress uniform first, as they said, they must hate women. Truly hideous pants design.

Eclipse

So much for "low-light misidentification", those gray pants look suspiciously like
the Aviator uniform, choose again, CAP was first!

"That Others May Zoom"

Capt Thompson

The high collar with the blue shirt and tie underneath looks ugly, why not bring the collar of the jacket together like the Marine dress blues?
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

SarDragon

Quote from: Capt Thompson on September 21, 2021, 06:58:20 PMThe high collar with the blue shirt and tie underneath looks ugly, why not bring the collar of the jacket together like the Marine dress blues?

Because they are gawd-awful uncomfortable.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

GZCP31

Still has the Feeling of some of the StarTrek dress uniforms. At least they did not go with Maroon.  ;D

Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

NovemberWhiskey

Never mind Star Trek, what about Battlestar Galactica?

Shuman 14

Quote from: Eclipse on September 21, 2021, 06:28:28 PMSo much for "low-light misidentification", those gray pants look suspiciously like
the Aviator uniform, choose again, CAP was first!

But on a brighter note, at least CAP will soon be able to acquire a standardized Grey trouser at a reasonable price.  ;-P
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

I think they just reversed the uniform colors of the Federation Fleet uniform from Starship Troopers.

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Spam

I don't think y'all realize, the Space Force is in pure Otaku mode here. Its not Star Trek or BSG at all... it is anime, and 1970s anime space force uniforms that predate ST/BSG. Specifically Macross SDF-1 (aka Robotech, for the US). Think Captain Global, down to the gray trousers and all. On the "soup sandwich" tailoring, I think they are counting on the bagginess being a net plus in microgravity. Also to accommodate field grade chair spread.

V/r
Spam

Captain Global, Macross SDF-1

Captain Avatar, Space Battleship Yamato
"Switch all power and engage the Wave Motion Gun"!!!

(all shipboard lights dim, massive downrange carnage ensues, uniforms still look great)...

Майор Хаткевич

I don't frequent it enough, but whoever this guy/gal is, they seem to be super involved in the design: https://www.reddit.com/user/Areoseph/submitted/

Their "closer to how it was drawn":

Okayish Aviator

The memes getting made about this uniform on Reddit are all hilarious.

I think if they changed the collar and moved the lower badge up they may be on to something. Obviously it's going to change quite a bit before it's over.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

West MI-CAP-Ret

I'd never wear it, and I doubt it would attract recruits.
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

PHall

Quote from: West MI-CAP-Ret on October 01, 2021, 11:43:54 PMI'd never wear it, and I doubt it would attract recruits.

Well, since we're not the Civil Space Patrol, it shouldn't be a problem.