Crisis Service Ribbon on UltraThin

Started by TheSkyHornet, January 25, 2022, 06:17:09 PM

TheSkyHornet

Anyone have any predictions as to when we might see the Crisis Service Ribbon pop up on UT?

Vanguard got them pretty fast, which I'm assuming was arranged before the ribbon's release/announcement. My guess is that it's a matter of getting the ribbon fabric.

Looking to get my rack updated in the next month. Then again, I'm sure I'll need a new rack about two days after I order one.

PHall

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 25, 2022, 06:17:09 PMAnyone have any predictions as to when we might see the Crisis Service Ribbon pop up on UT?

Vanguard got them pretty fast, which I'm assuming was arranged before the ribbon's release/announcement. My guess is that it's a matter of getting the ribbon fabric.

Looking to get my rack updated in the next month. Then again, I'm sure I'll need a new rack about two days after I order one.

Have you contacted them and asked them directly? They seem to be nice people. They probably won't bite!

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: PHall on January 25, 2022, 06:27:08 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 25, 2022, 06:17:09 PMAnyone have any predictions as to when we might see the Crisis Service Ribbon pop up on UT?

Have you contacted them and asked them directly? They seem to be nice people. They probably won't bite!

I have not. Just getting my bearings before I reach out and bug people at their paying job :P

AdAstra

I had my rack thin-mounted years ago at a small shop outside March ARB. Nice guy, but he didn't have CAP ribbons, so I handed him a baggie with my CAP ribbons. He was happy, and I'm still extremely happy with the results.
Charles Wiest

Mustang

Judging by the photos of General Phelka in DC, UltraThin already has the Crisis Service ribbon in stock.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Shawn W.

Quote from: Mustang on February 24, 2022, 09:29:12 PMJudging by the photos of General Phelka in DC, UltraThin already has the Crisis Service ribbon in stock.

It's in. I ordered mine on Jan 31, had it by Feb 7.

Shawn W.

The ultrathin Crisis Service Ribbon is in. Ordered mine on Jan 31, had it by Feb 7.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Eclipse on February 24, 2022, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on February 24, 2022, 10:19:24 PMNot seeing it:

Ah, it looks totally different in the photo than what I saw.

I'm also colorblind. So that's my M.O. for not seeing shtuff.

PHall

Ultrathin does not have the crisis action ribbon yet, but Vanguard's US Military Medals division does at about twice the cost of Ultrathin.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: PHall on February 25, 2022, 01:05:36 AMUltrathin does not have the crisis action ribbon yet, but Vanguard's US Military Medals division does at about twice the cost of Ultrathin.

My thoughts as well.

I was copying my McChord builder over to UT as well. The Crisis Service Ribbon is not even listed in the text code.

Capt Thompson

VG shows the Crisis Service mini medal in stock as well, but they don't have a photo up yet.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Shuman 14

Quote from: Capt Thompson on February 25, 2022, 03:48:51 AMVG shows the Crisis Service mini medal in stock as well, but they don't have a photo up yet.

Vanguard's Rack builder is jacked up. At least three mistakes I found.

1. It puts the AFOEA in the Military Order of Precedence and NOT after all Military Awards and before all CAP awards. It also Doesn't allow for two AFOEAs if you have one for Military Service and one for CAP Service.
2. It puts National Guard awards BEFORE CAP awards. That's not authorized, but if it were the Order of Precedence would put them AFTER CAP awards.
3. It puts Foreign Awards BEFORE CAP awards and not after.

Also, they don't have the DHS Outstanding Unit Award available yet.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

baronet68

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on February 25, 2022, 01:31:01 AM
Quote from: PHall on February 25, 2022, 01:05:36 AMUltrathin does not have the crisis action ribbon yet, but Vanguard's US Military Medals division does at about twice the cost of Ultrathin.

My thoughts as well.

I was copying my McChord builder over to UT as well. The Crisis Service Ribbon is not even listed in the text code.

I won't be able to update the McChord Rack Builder until UT adds the Crisis Service Ribbon to their builder.  I don't have any relationship with UT so I'm at the mercy of waiting for them to update their site so I can find out what their code is for that ribbon. :(
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

James Shaw

Quote from: Shuman 14 on February 25, 2022, 08:09:53 PMAlso, they don't have the DHS Outstanding Unit Award available yet.

I am waiting for the same as well. Vanguard has the CAP stuff showing but the DHS OUA I believe is not projected to be available until June. I don't want to have to make multiple orders.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

TheSkyHornet

So to back up...

UltraThin does not have the ribbon, then, correct?

Some people are saying that they put in UT orders for it. Am I assuming that you didn't do a visual verification that it was on there when you pasted from McChord?

Shuman 14

Quote from: baronet68 on February 26, 2022, 07:32:11 AMI won't be able to update the McChord Rack Builder until UT adds the Crisis Service Ribbon to their builder.  I don't have any relationship with UT so I'm at the mercy of waiting for them to update their site so I can find out what their code is for that ribbon. :(

Thanks for staying on top of the McCord Site, your hard work is truly appreciated.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Holding Pattern

At a guess they won't add it until sufficient demand shows up.

I suggest you send them a memo here:

https://www.ultrathin.com/contact/

I drafted a memo below:

---

Good afternoon Sir or Ma'am,

The Civil Air Patrol has added a ribbon for service during the national COVID-19 emergencies called the Crisis Service Ribbon. The specifics are outlined here:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R393_1_December_2021_ICL_2103_0F81789F487A8.pdf

The vanguard link to the ribbon is here:
https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/civil-air-patrol-ribbon-national-crisis-senior-and-cadet

Could you advise me on your planned time to incorporate this into your CAP ribbon offerings?

Thank you,
$NAME

Holding Pattern

Aaand I just got an email back:

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email, we are aware of this new award and we do have it available, however it has not yet been updated on our website.
If you would like to place an order for a new set including this ribbon you can email us with your list of awards and we will be happy to set up a quote for you.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at $PHONE Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST or via this email.

Thank you for your service.
Sincerely,

$NAME