CAP Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge

Started by FNelson, November 27, 2018, 03:33:31 AM

FNelson

What are the requirements to be allowed to wear the CAP Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge? I have two ES qualifications (MRO&FLM) so do I qualify to wear it or am I not eligible for some reason.
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

CAP9907

right from 35-6:

3. Requirements for Award of Emergency Services (ES) Qualification Badges:
a. CAP Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge: Complete all requirements of CAPP 213, Emergency Services Officer-Specialty Track Study Guide, Technician Rating. Cadets can earn the Basic Emergency Services Qualification Badge as they can complete all of the requirements for this rating, though they cannot officially receive the Technician Rating until they become a senior member.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

FNelson

I referring to the patch worn on ABUs and BDUs (with either a dog or airplane design), not the specialty qualification badge.
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

Spam

Good evening, Cadet.

Then you were not asking about the Badge (as you titled the thread) but the Patch.

See:
CAPM 39-1 26 JUNE 2014
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf
"5.1.1.3.8. Emergency Services Patch. The CAP Emergency Services Patch as
authorized by CAPR 35-6, Aeronautical Ratings, Emergency Services Patch and Badges, and Ground
Team Badges may be sewn to the shirt ½ inch above the nametape over the right pocket. If the CAP
Command Insignia is worn, the CAP Emergency Services Patch will be sewn ½ inch above that patch".

So here's the fun part.  You have two responses now steering you to CAPR 35-6.  Can you look it up (simple search, or click the links in the document link I've provided) and report back to us, Chief? (grin).

Note: you may not wear the ES patch, Honor Guard, or ranger tabs on the ABU.
Source: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_BEA8C45C7D2DD.pdf

"Left Breast Pocket. One full color patch authorized in Attachment 8-1 through 8-4, with the exception of the Emergency Services patches, Honor Guard Shield (attachment 8-4) and Ranger tabs, may be sewn to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the left breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket of ABU shirt. One Service Badge shown in Attachment A6-1, may be worn in this position with the exception of the National Staff Badge which is worn on the right pocket.

Right Breast Pocket. One full color patch authorized in Attachment 8-1 through 8-3, with the exception of the Emergency Services patches and Ranger tabs, the Model Rocketry Patch, may be sewn to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the right breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket of ABU shirt. The Unit/Organizational Patch and the National Staff Badge shown in attachment A6-1 are also authorized to be worn in this position".

V/r
Spam