A compiled list: What would you like to see done for Civil Air Patrol uniforms?

Started by Hawk200, October 21, 2018, 01:52:30 PM

Spam

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on October 23, 2018, 08:02:10 PM
Quote from: ColonelJack on October 22, 2018, 07:25:58 PM
Do you know how many naugas have to die so a naugahide chair can exist?   ;)
Jack

I can't count them because the Naugas hide.

The Nauga bats have to hide because they're an endangered species at this point (especially the rare Corinthian Nauga bats, curse you Ricardo Montalban).

What really concerns me is the highly endangered neoprene seal. The tragic slaughtering of all those baby neoprenes clubbed on the arctic ice just to make wetsuits over the years... (Shudders).

Lets make wiser choices in our CAP uniform materials. The world supply of Nomex is running short as well I hear... Possibly the reason for the shift to OCPs, to prevent overfishing the Nomex population?

::)

Cheers
Spam

Paul Creed III

One style of polo.

The screen-printed version is terribly un-professional and having the non-tactical and tactical versions (that are different colors and styles [pockets and mic clips]) waters down the uniformity.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

etodd

I thought this new thread was the compiled list.

Looks like another thread will be needed for the Compiled List Version 2.0

:)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Hawk200

Quote from: etodd on October 25, 2018, 02:08:06 AM
I thought this new thread was the compiled list.

Looks like another thread will be needed for the Compiled List Version 2.0

:)

I don't know, I might do that. The problem is that in the inquiry thread, folks wanted to discuss rather than leave their answers.

Can't add anything thing to this one, I guess I used up my edits.

Hawk200

Quote from: Paul Creed III on October 25, 2018, 01:37:04 AM
One style of polo.

The screen-printed version is terribly un-professional and having the non-tactical and tactical versions (that are different colors and styles [pockets and mic clips]) waters down the uniformity.

Agreed. I still wonder why there are so many. I think the embroidered one, with or without a name on it, looks better than that silkscreened one. The silkscreen one is a different color, and has the seal on a different side.

I don't mind the polo, just wish they would pick one. Eliminate the silkscreen, match colors between the tactical and regular ones.

We need something on the variety of jackets, too. Way too many. Reduce to only a couple.

Fubar

Quote from: etodd on October 25, 2018, 02:08:06 AMLooks like another thread will be needed for the Compiled List Version 2.0

Let me know when you hit version 42, I'll check back in.

Hawk200

Quote from: Fubar on October 26, 2018, 01:50:11 AM
Let me know when you hit version 42, I'll check back in.

Then you'll never check back in. A version 2, I might do. But, that'll be it, if it actually does happen.

Hawk200

Throwing this out there. I'll do a second list that includes the first.

However, I would prefer to see just the idea posted up, and no dog piling of any suggestions. I'll give it til this weekend, probably compile it Saturday, and post then or on Sunday.