CAP Produces 13,000+ sUAS Photos for Puerto Rico Quake Response

Started by etodd, January 29, 2020, 06:22:13 PM

etodd

QuoteCivil Air Patrol provided more than 13,000 aerial photographs taken from small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS), more commonly referred to as drones, in support of Federal Emergency Management Agency disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico.

CAP sUAS team members photographed locations selected by FEMA. Flying no higher than 400 feet above ground level, the sUAS are equipped with high-resolution photo and video cameras, depending on the need.

Three two-member sUAS teams and a unit leader deployed Jan. 9 following a series of earthquakes and aftershocks that began two days earlier. Each team consisted of a CAP sUAS mission pilot and an sUAS technician.

CAP News Website Story

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Larry Mangum

Actual count for sUAS was 11,082 out of the 18,262 photos taken.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Larry Mangum on January 30, 2020, 01:33:24 PMActual count for sUAS was 11,082 out of the 18,262 photos taken.

Hey Larry! Are you in the program? If not the Wing could use a few more sUAS Pilots and Technicians. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Larry Mangum

I am not in the sUAS program. I am familiar with how they did in the mission as I was one of the IC's for the mission.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001