Main Menu

Blue Beret 2009

Started by 0, August 20, 2008, 05:23:44 PM

NCRblues

it does, and i thank you very much.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

jeders

No prob. I assume you're going as a TAC, be sure to pack extra sunscreen for the cadets that will undoubdetdly not have any. And make sure they wear it. I had a cadet last year who actually got sun burned just inside his ears.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NCRblues

i am going as a tac, and oh i planned to bring as much sunblock as possible (just got to figure out how to get it on the aircraft) :D also you would know this, staff has to arrive  the day before the cadets arrive correct?

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: NCRblues on April 28, 2009, 08:29:37 PM
i am going as a tac, and oh i planned to bring as much sunblock as possible (just got to figure out how to get it on the aircraft) :D also you would know this, staff has to arrive  the day before the cadets arrive correct?

Ship it, buy sams club online for local pickup.....

NCRblues

good idea thanks for all the help guys.

LtCol057

I wish I had thought of that when I went.  We took several trips to the local Wallyworld to get supplies. It almost became a daily sortie.

CadetProgramGuy

Isn't that a pre-requisite for MSA duties....I swear i saw Wal-Mart runs in there somewhere

NCRblues

Has anyone, cadets or SM, got a new 2009 packing list?

thatesguy

just go to the NBB '09 website, log in and on the right should be documents and the senior packing list should be right their. If not just click on of the documents and it will take you to a bank of documents and be sure to check all 3 pages of the documents.
NRAEMT, GA AEMT, PHTLS

NCRblues

I didnt get to make it this year, anyone that went, how did it go?

CadetProgramGuy

My inside source tells me that there were:

Over 200 cadets and Officers, approaching 250 I think, 12 Flights, AirVenture was 9% larger this year as well.

THE ROOSTER

Quote from: BillB on November 14, 2008, 12:35:41 PM
Sun n Fun held at Lakeland FL, is just as large as Oshkosh. The same historic aircraft show up at both events. It would be an excellent 2nd Blue Beret activity for cadets except the dates of April 21-26 2009, are during the school year. A previous Florida Wing CC tried to get it established as the 2nd BB activity. It would be great for cadets that are home schooled. Roughly the same number of aircraft arrive as Lakeland and Oshkosh.
Sun n Fun is nothing compared to Oshkosh, how could you make that comparison.

Wolfman21

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on August 07, 2009, 07:43:47 AM

Over 200 cadets and Officers, approaching 250 I think, 12 Flights, AirVenture was 9% larger this year as well.

Wow, I'm wanting to go but I'm going to NESA this year instead of a basic encampment but, when I do get a Basic over with I'm going ASAP, I have heard a lot about it and love the Flight Line and GT activities
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
Ft. Campbell composite squadron
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

ßτε

Quote from: Wolfman21 on May 14, 2010, 02:19:00 PM
Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on August 07, 2009, 07:43:47 AM

Wow, I'm wanting to go but I'm going to NESA this year instead of a basic encampment but, when I do get a Basic over with I'm going ASAP, I have heard a lot about it and love the Flight Line and GT activities
How are you going to NESA without a basic encampment? It is required for NESA as well.

a2capt

Re-read: ... "when I do get a Basic over with.. " I read it as envy, not "I'm doing it instead".

Wolfman21

C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
Ft. Campbell composite squadron
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

ßτε

Quote from: a2capt on May 14, 2010, 02:37:33 PM
Re-read: ... "when I do get a Basic over with.. " I read it as envy, not "I'm doing it instead".
Re-read:
Wow, I'm wanting to go [to NBB] but I'm going to NESA this year instead of a basic encampment but, when I do get a Basic over with I'm going [to NBB] ASAP, I have heard a lot about it and love the Flight Line and GT activities
I read it as he is going to NESA now instead of encampment because he cannot go to NBB until encampment is completed. I was pointing out that NESA also requires encampment.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: bte on May 14, 2010, 03:35:25 PM
Quote from: a2capt on May 14, 2010, 02:37:33 PM
Re-read:
Wow, I'm wanting to go [to NBB] but I'm going to NESA this year instead of a basic encampment but, when I do get a Basic over with I'm going [to NBB] ASAP, I have heard a lot about it and love the Flight Line and GT activities
I read it as he is going to NESA now instead of encampment because he cannot go to NBB until encampment is completed. I was pointing out that NESA also requires encampment.

Actually, this year when I registered I noticed a change on the BGSAR page that stated encampment was now "recommended", not required. It struck me as odd because NESA is an NCSA which requires an encampment for participation. Anyone want to shed some light?

ßτε

My mistake. It does say recommended instead of required.