Main Menu

Over sized uniforms

Started by 0, December 04, 2007, 01:49:47 AM

Does anyone know if they make oversized uniforms?  We have a cadet that we can't fit and wanted to see if there are oversized uniforms made or available. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Eclipse

What kind of scale are we talking, and which uniform?

You won't get anything but standard sizes through the FCU program, but most commercial suppliers have BDU's into pretty big sizes.

As to the blues, the trousers are coming pretty huge from VG now that they are a part of the CSU, and you can order custom shirts from AAFES, though I have no idea HOW custom they will go.

"That Others May Zoom"

Right now we are focusing on BDU's.  We're trying to stay away from the BBDU so the cadet doesn't get singled for being in that uniform.  What's the largest size people have seen the BDU's come in?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JohnKachenmeister

Try bdu.com since they are the only ones I know of that usually do not charge extra for the larger sizes.
Another former CAP officer

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

thanks we didn't even think to look at those sites. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on December 04, 2007, 01:52:37 AM
You won't get anything but standard sizes through the FCU program...

We have a female cadet who is 6'7" tall.  The normal sizes for females through the FCUP online wouldn't have fit her.  A quick call using the phone number provided in the ordering instructions got her everthing she needed including REALLY long pants and a REALLY long shirt.

Non-standard sizes are available through the program, just not on the normal form.  I guess it's like ordering a female TPU coat from vanguard - they're available but you need to call.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ColonelJack

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 04, 2007, 01:44:39 PM
We have a female cadet who is 6'7" tall.

Boy, wait until her growth spurt hits!!!!!   ;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

jimmydeanno

Quote from: ColonelJack on December 04, 2007, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 04, 2007, 01:44:39 PM
We have a female cadet who is 6'7" tall.

Boy, wait until her growth spurt hits!!!!!   ;D

Jack

Her whole family is tall - her mom is 6'6", her dad is 6'10", her 13 year old brother is 6'11" and has a size 19 shoe (he doesn't want to join CAP).  She's 15 and should be done growing (from what she tells me).  She's a pretty high speed cadet though and her family members are some of the nicest people I've ever met.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Well height isn't the case here. So would a phonce call help to get a wider size under the FCU?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

They should be able to help and if worse comes to worse, you can order it and "exchange" it at an AAFES MCSS.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ColonelJack

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 04, 2007, 02:29:37 PM
[Her whole family is tall - her mom is 6'6", her dad is 6'10", her 13 year old brother is 6'11"

Don't tell me ... they live in a high-rise.

(Okay, I'll stop now.  In one of my jobs I'm a stand-up comedian.)

and has a size 19 shoe (he doesn't want to join CAP). 

Which is probably good from the quartermaster's point of view.

Seriously, they sound like outstanding people, and you're very fortunate to have her as a cadet.  I hope she makes it all the way to Spaatz!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia