Main Menu

BLUE BDU's???

Started by Fiddes_CAP-065, December 03, 2007, 02:33:34 AM

Fiddes_CAP-065

What are the so called BBDU's?  I have seen stuff everywhere on here. What do they look like?  Do they look stupid?  Are they replacing the Woodland BDU?
C/SMSgt Fiddes

Hawk200

They're just blue. No, they're not replacing the woodland ones, they're a uniform that is available for members that don't meet weight/grooming standards to wear standard BDU's.

They've been out for a good while now.

JayT

Quote from: Fiddes_CAP-065 on December 03, 2007, 02:33:34 AM
What are the so called BBDU's?  I have seen stuff everywhere on here. What do they look like?  Do they look stupid?  Are they replacing the Woodland BDU?

The Blue BDU's are just woodland BDUs, but Navy Blue.

I wear them so I don't look like I'm in the military.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

arajca

The official name is the field uniform which shortens to fu, not quite as desciptive as bbdu.

pixelwonk

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: arajca on December 03, 2007, 02:57:19 AM
The official name is the field uniform which shortens to fu, not quite as desciptive as bbdu.

Although fu is funnier to use.
Another former CAP officer

JayT

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 03, 2007, 05:06:05 AM

The offical name is the DFU.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Gunner C

Quote from: JThemann on December 03, 2007, 01:54:27 PM

What does DFU stand for?  Hmmm . . . we should call them deefoos.   ;D

Gunner C

Quote from: JThemann on December 03, 2007, 01:54:27 PM

I just went to CAPM 39-1 and it has it listed as "Distinctive Blue Field Uniform".  I agree, tho, BBDU is more descriptive - but not as funny.   :D

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer

Fiddes_CAP-065

Are there any pictures online?
C/SMSgt Fiddes

jeders

Quote from: Fiddes_CAP-065 on December 04, 2007, 03:54:17 AM
Are there any pictures online?

Have you even tried looking in CAPM 39-1? There are pictures in there.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JayT

Hold on, I'm looking through my albums.

RocketPropelled

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 03, 2007, 02:36:44 AM
...they're a uniform that is available for members that don't meet weight/grooming standards to wear standard BDU's.

Well, actually....

Quote from: CAPM 39-1
Cadet members are authorized to wear the CAP utility uniform, field uniform, and blazer
combinations as desired. All senior members, including those who do not meet the standards of wear for an
Air Force style uniform for reasons of grooming or weight standards, may wear any of the CAP distinctive
uniform combinations described in this chapter

Emphasis mine.
The DFU and Utility Uniform are authorized to be worn by all members -- they're not specifically for members not within weight/grooming standards.  I've seen entire ground teams wearing the DFU, and at least one entire senior member complement of a composite squadron wearing this (actually-uniform) uniform.

Slim

Quote from: Fiddes_CAP-065 on December 03, 2007, 02:33:34 AMDo they look stupid?

No, they do not look stupid.  In fact, I actually think they look better than woodland, with the color patches. 

Slim

shorning

Quote from: Slim on December 04, 2007, 07:23:08 AM
Quote from: Fiddes_CAP-065 on December 03, 2007, 02:33:34 AMDo they look stupid?

No, they do not look stupid.  In fact, I actually think they look better than woodland, with the color patches. 

Concur.  Even the old fatigues were better than the woodland BDUs, IMO.

isuhawkeye

I know its not popular but I agree the Blue BDU's are sharp looking, professional, and can be very uniform