USAF Ribbon for AFIADL Course Completion ?

Started by SAR-EMT1, November 18, 2007, 02:33:21 AM

mikeylikey

Quote from: DNall on November 22, 2007, 10:53:30 PM
Roger that... know the feeling. BOLC II then AOBC/IERW coming, unless they jack up my paperwork again.

Where are you going for BOLC? 

Anyway.....why does CAP need AF ribbons?  Do we need something more to show we "took a test". 
What's up monkeys?

PHall

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on November 18, 2007, 02:33:21 AM
I came across this information today on one of the Air University Websites.

------------------
The NCO Professional Military Education Graduate Ribbon is issued by the United States Air Force and is awarded for completion of proscribed non-commissioned officer professional development programs. Such programs include Airman Leadership School (ALS), Non-Commissioned Officer Academy (NCOA), and the Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy (SNCOA). Wear of this ribbon is mandatory for all graduates. Subsequent attendance is shown by the bronze and silver oak leaf cluster.

--------------
From what I take from this, CAP members who complete these through AFIADL should have permission to wear this ribbon, right?  - Even assuming the 'mandatory wear' refers to AD/ANG enlisted, If we (CAP) take the course we should get the ribbon. -

I guess you forgot about the part of the reg that says you only get the ribbon if you attend these courses in residence.
You ever see a CAP member attending a Air Force NCO or Senior NCO Academy as a student? I know I haven't.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: PHall on November 24, 2007, 02:55:49 AM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on November 18, 2007, 02:33:21 AM
I came across this information today on one of the Air University Websites.

------------------
The NCO Professional Military Education Graduate Ribbon is issued by the United States Air Force and is awarded for completion of proscribed non-commissioned officer professional development programs. Such programs include Airman Leadership School (ALS), Non-Commissioned Officer Academy (NCOA), and the Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy (SNCOA). Wear of this ribbon is mandatory for all graduates. Subsequent attendance is shown by the bronze and silver oak leaf cluster.

--------------
From what I take from this, CAP members who complete these through AFIADL should have permission to wear this ribbon, right?  - Even assuming the 'mandatory wear' refers to AD/ANG enlisted, If we (CAP) take the course we should get the ribbon. -

I guess you forgot about the part of the reg that says you only get the ribbon if you attend these courses in residence.
You ever see a CAP member attending a Air Force NCO or Senior NCO Academy as a student? I know I haven't.

Except the page stating this did not mention in-residence courses at all.  It was from AFIADL.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Hawk200

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on November 25, 2007, 12:20:02 AM
Except the page stating this did not mention in-residence courses at all.  It was from AFIADL.

It doesn't matter. AFIADL doesn't set uniform policy for the Air Force. For uniform stuff, you have to read Air Force instructions. In the case of ribbons, its AFI 36-2803. Any other source that conflicts with that instruction is null and void.

AFIADL is probably under the impression that only Air Force people are looking at their website anyway.

arajca

At one time, CAP had an "Extension Course intitute Training Ribbon". Solid yellow.

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

PhoenixRisen

SarDragon

Quote from: arajca on November 25, 2007, 02:53:42 AM
At one time, CAP had an "Extension Course intitute Training Ribbon". Solid yellow.

(Aug 1960-Jan 1971) Completion of ECI course as evidenced by receipt of certificate issued by the Institute. A bronze clasp is awarded for each additional course completed.

From here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret