Great VanGuard Experience

Started by skippytim, November 16, 2007, 07:21:33 AM

skippytim

I would just like to say that I've had a great VanGuard experience. It was so great; I'm looking forward to ordering my ribbons and grade insignias from them as I progress in rank.

(This all happened like 2 months ago; I just now got the time to post it)

On Thursday I ordered all of my uniform items; my belts, my name tapes and name badge; my C/BSC and my C/Amn insignias, my patches, my CAP Tape, my Trouser Blousers, my bands, everything I need to look sharp in a CAP Uniform.

On Monday the status was still pending; but I had ordered 3 days shipping option. I was a little worried because we needed to sew on my BDU patches by Friday, because I had an airshow the following weekend. So, just to be sure, I contacted the CAP coordinator at VanGuard.

The CAP Coordinator got my order on the next shipment out that day and upgraded me to two day for no additional cost, (it might have been accidental, who knows.) It was here by that Wednesday, I got my patches sewn on no problemo, and then I was ready to go!

When I got the order and checked the contents to what I had ordered according to my account, I had gotten way more than I had ordered too. I ordered 3 wing patches and I got 6, I ordered 2 Name Tapes and 2 CAP Tapes; I got like 7 Name Tapes and 4 CAP Tapes; I got an extra pair of CAP Medal Collar Insignias.

I ended up giving half of it to a new cadet at my Squadron; so it worked out just nice. Very Very Nice.

;D

♠SARKID♠

Umm...yeah...that extra stuff is a screw up in Vanguard.  They dont track their orders properly so things get sent out horribly.  You have no idea how lucky you made out this time, and I can nearly guarantee you'll have problems in the future.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3130.0

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 16, 2007, 07:43:59 AM
Umm...yeah...that extra stuff is a screw up in Vanguard.  They dont track their orders properly so things get sent out horribly.  You have no idea how lucky you made out this time, and I can nearly guarantee you'll have problems in the future.

Agreed!  Vanguard is terrible, thier business practices are terrible, and I heard a rumor that they may actaully not get renewed by GSA, they already are prohibited from accetping the GSA credit card. 
What's up monkeys?

JCW0312

Quote from: mikeylikey on November 16, 2007, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on November 16, 2007, 07:43:59 AM

Agreed!  Vanguard is terrible, thier business practices are terrible, and I heard a rumor that they may actaully not get renewed by GSA, they already are prohibited from accetping the GSA credit card. 

From what I've heard, I don't think there'll be too many tears shed if that happens. What other choices will GSA have?
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144