Dress Shoes for Class-A

Started by ISNJH, November 15, 2007, 07:54:59 PM

ISNJH

I am looking for the right pair of shoes for class-A uniform and am hoping to find a pair that are made in America. Anyone where I can find the right ones and what I am looking for?

Hock Shop for speen

Vangaurd if you don't mind waiting. 

Some Army Navy Stores do sell them but that can be more of a crap shoot than Vangaurd.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ISNJH

I looked on the Vanguard site but what not able to find the shoes. can you provide a link?

mikeylikey

AAFES catalog for DSCP issue oxfords. 

Item Number: M206H  $42.90

CALL  Toll-Free 1-800-527-2345  for military clothing catalog sales. 
What's up monkeys?

ISNJH

I looked at the site but I tend to stay away from sites that ask for one to give my SSN number and date of birth to be able to setup an account. only sites I give that info are government regulated sites where I know the info will be protected.

I completely forgot about AAFES.  They're good plus have a great return policy.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MattPHS2002

The last I knew AAFES will not permit CAP to order online, so if you want to order from them you have to call, or if I need something from them I have one of my best friends go to the AF base near her and get it for me.
1Lt Matt Gamret

NER-PA-002 Drug Demand Reduction Officer

Eclipse

Just get a pair of high-gloss Corfams or similar - you can get those at dozens of uniform stores online, or your local PD uniform store will have them.

"That Others May Zoom"

ISNJH

MattPHS2002
I'm looking for 14 triple e shoes

MattPHS2002

Geez they aren't feet, they are however boats ;D, lemme ask I may be asking her to grab me a set of pants. PM me with a contact number and I'll call to confirm.
1Lt Matt Gamret

mikeylikey

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on November 15, 2007, 09:03:22 PM
The last I knew AAFES will not permit CAP to order online, so if you want to order from them you have to call, or if I need something from them I have one of my best friends go to the AF base near her and get it for me.

Posted the phone number above for AAFES MATT  ^

AAFES does have those 14 EEE online showing.  I would give them a call
What's up monkeys?

MattPHS2002

I know I could call and order them but I'm less than trusting of phone orders where I can't even see the product to make sure it is the right style/size etc.
1Lt Matt Gamret

Pylon

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on November 15, 2007, 10:35:37 PM
I know I could call and order them but I'm less than trusting of phone orders where I can't even see the product to make sure it is the right style/size etc.

You're going to have to compromise somewhere.  Won't order via AAFES.  Won't order over the phone.  Local stores don't have it.  You're going to have to bite the bullet and try from some source.  If they don't work, you can probably send 'em back to exchange or refund minus the shipping costs.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Or drive to the nearest base with an AAFES MCSS and try 'em on before buying.  That's what I did.
Mike Johnston

Dad2-4

Quote from: MIKE on November 16, 2007, 12:12:52 AM
Or drive to the nearest base with an AAFES MCSS and try 'em on before buying.  That's what I did.
Ditto. Mine are Capps brand. I would like a bit more toe width though.

MattPHS2002

The nearest AF base doesn't have anything major clothing wise, mainly ribbons and that last minute stuff. I'm still searching, the pair I use are still serviceable.
1Lt Matt Gamret

Eclipse

Gall's has them in stock (though they are not giving them away, that's for sure).
http://www.galls.com/google/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=SP068

$98

$56

"That Others May Zoom"

MattPHS2002

Its Galls, they may be worse than Scamguard
1Lt Matt Gamret

Eclipse

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on November 16, 2007, 03:28:16 AM

They are a nationally known company which I have ordered from for years and never had any issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on November 16, 2007, 03:28:16 AM

Worse than Scamguard?  Galls?   Seriously?  You must not have had much experience with Galls.  I've had nothing but good experiences in the more than a decade that I've been receiving their catalogs at home.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

md132

Never ever had any problems with Galls.  They are quick.  I order an item, it's processed within one business day and shipped the same or next day.  Vanguard takes a min of 7 days to just process an order.  I ordered some sweats from them and it took almost 3 months to arrive.  I also order BBDU and only the pants came.  The top was on backordered but was never told.  Only on the invoice. 

I also never had a problem with AAFES online.  Just sent them the paperwork to put me in DEERS for military uniforms and I'm set to go to order uniforms.  Same at MCSS.  Never a problem with ordering anything.  Had them order an AF Mess Dress uniform and it arrived in 5 days. 

MattPHS2002

The shipping is fine, its the prices I was referring to.
1Lt Matt Gamret

Eclipse

Nobody said they were cheap, but they are there, and there's a ton of uniform stores on the web, you can find cheaper shoes if you want / need to.

You've imposed a lot of self-limitations on who you will shop with...

"That Others May Zoom"

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011