Green Flight Jacket

Started by CAPLAW, November 14, 2007, 11:33:27 PM

CAPLAW

Need some help here......  Can the green USAF flight jacket be worn with the AF blues in CAP?

MIKE

Mike Johnston

JayT

Quote from: CAPLAW on November 14, 2007, 11:33:27 PM
Need some help here......  Can the green USAF flight jacket be worn with the AF blues in CAP?

I wish the green flight jacket could be standard for the flight suit, BDUs, and blues, but, alas, no.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

MIKE

A brown leather A-2 would look nice if it was authorized (it is not), but not a sage green flight jacket.
Mike Johnston

the_newyorker

there is a new jacket that they just came out with and its a leather one i am not sure of the name of it its in the regs and i think you can wear it with that

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Hawk200

Quote from: the_newyorker on November 15, 2007, 02:59:17 AM
there is a new jacket that they just came out with and its a leather one i am not sure of the name of it its in the regs and i think you can wear it with that

At present, the only leather jacket authorized is only permitted with the corporate uniforms. Meaning blue/white, and grey/white or with the blue flightsuit.

Also presently, there is no leather jacket authorized with an Air Force variant uniform. The brown leather A-2 is also expressly forbidden for wear in 39-1.

DrDave

Black A-2 Leather Flight Jacket  $119

http://www.airborne-leathers.com

(Used to be $99, I own three of these, nice quality, leather not too thick nor too thin, perfect for sewing a namebadge and majcom patch to.)

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

MIKE

Lets not confuse the issue by posting links to black leather jackets.  The question has been asked and answered.
Mike Johnston