State Guard decs on CAP uniforms

Started by Hawk200, November 13, 2007, 07:40:55 PM

Should State Guard decorations be allowed on the CAP uniform?

Yes
20 (33.9%)
No
39 (66.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

jb512

Quote from: JThemann on November 15, 2007, 05:03:45 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on November 15, 2007, 02:23:56 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on November 14, 2007, 09:56:34 PM
Originally I said no, but after thinking about it I don't see why we couldn't allow members to wear their highest award from an approved list of SDF, CGAUX, prior  ROTC, etc...  I don't see the harm in allowing another spot in the rack for one of those.

Believe it or not, this is actually the best reasoned compromise on this matter I can think of.

Why do we need a compromise on this issue?

Because someone brought it up and we're discussing it.

Why should a former ROTC cadet be allowed to wear ribbons? Does that mean I can wear my AFJROTC ribbons too?

Just an example, but no it doesn't necessarily mean that JROTC would be included.

State Guards don't even have standards between different states. Why do we have to recongize what might, in effect, be an honorary or shot gun milita organization?

We don't.  As I suggested, there would have to be an approved list of organizations that were credible enough to let them put a little ribbon on one of our shirts.

As for the Coast Guard Aux, unless the award is from the Coast Guard itself, why should we allow Auxiliarist to wear a ribbon? I mean, the PUC from Katrina is one thing, but what else?

Because it was just suggested that it would be nice to recognize someone from another auxiliary, much like our own.  These organizations are on about an equal level to us just like the services are on equal levels with each other and allow members from other services to wear earned awards from that on their current uniform.

We're our own organization. Recognizing military awards is one thing, we are quasi attached to the Air Force.

Two separate points there.  We are our own organization, an auxiliary volunteer type, and also attached to the Air Force.  There are other programs on our same level.

wingnut

Quote from: MIKE on November 15, 2007, 09:43:34 PM
Just one of the perks of being an Auxiliary with a capitol "A".

I have always wondered why the Air Force stopped awarding us U.S.Air Force ribbons, they did in WW2, I mean we should at least get the 'Fickled Finger of Fate" award., I especially liked the "order of the Palm .from Mr. Roberts!!!

Cecil DP

QuoteI have always wondered why the Air Force stopped awarding us U.S.Air Force ribbons, they did in WW2, I mean we should at least get the 'Fickled Finger of Fate" award., I especially liked the "order of the Palm .from Mr. Roberts!!!

I want to know why the Air Force got rid of the Good Conduct Medal!

Tags - MIKE
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

mikeylikey

Quote from: Cecil DP on November 16, 2007, 05:34:35 AM
I want to know why the Air Force got rid of the Good Conduct Medal

You should have yours!  Anyway......they figure there is no reason to award someone for good behavior, when they should be behaving that way anyway!
What's up monkeys?