Main Menu

what shade color

Started by mikeylikey, November 11, 2007, 06:08:25 AM

mikeylikey

OK......I should have known this, but what specific shade color is authorized to be worn by CAP Officers (Service jacket and pants)?  Cadets I gathered will wear all versions until exhausted correct? 

Is it shade 1620?  Are there any others?
What's up monkeys?

Brad

Shade 1620 for Service Dress with the Coat, 1620 or 1625 if you're wearing a light blue shirt. I'm not fluent in the TPU regs, and am happy to say I can wear the AF-style uniform.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

AlphaSigOU

Here are the most common shades for Air Force uniforms:

Shade 1550 - Light blue shirt, mostly those distributed by DSCP (Defense Service Center Philadelphia). Issue quality, also available at MCSS.

Shade 1588 - Light blue shirt, made by Propper. Commercially available at MCSS.

Shade 1605 - Dark blue trousers, old-style service dress jacket and flight cap worn by AF Academy cadets. Cadets can wear the old-style service dress.

Shade 1620 - Dark blue trousers, service dress jacket and headgear (flight cap and service cap). Polyester wool blend, issue quality.

Shade 1625 - Dark blue trousers and headgear (service dress jacket no longer available at MCSS, but can be found through commercial manufacturers). Doubleknit polyester. Currently worn only with the light blue shirt.

The TPU - ahem, corporate service dress - is Shade 1625 for the trousers, jacket and headgear.

Older shades which are now obsolete (mainly because they're the old-style uniform): 1549, 1577.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

AlphaSigOU

If you're looking for the 1625 polyester AF-style service dress jacket to match the trousers, they're still available from Kel-Lac (www.kellac.com). They're no longer available at the MCSS. Much more expensive than the 1620 poly-wool, though.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

mikeylikey

^ Not a bad site.  Somewhat less expensive than other sites out there also!  Thanks again.
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

Is the 1625 coat even authorized?  CAPM 39-1 Table 2-1. seems very specific... I wouldn't waste money on it.
Mike Johnston

AlphaSigOU

It was authorized by the Real AF until the latest revision of AFI 36-2903, which deletes its use. Funny that the AF would ditch the polyester doubleknit service dress jacket but not the trousers. They may still have some use with honor guard uniforms.

When I visited the Randolph MCSS last week all that was available were 1620 poly-wool jackets, trousers and flight caps/service caps, and both 1620 and 1625 trousers/slacks/skirts. Shirts in 1550 issue and 1588 commercial grade.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

O-Rex

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 11, 2007, 08:51:57 PM
It was authorized by the Real AF until the latest revision of AFI 36-2903, which deletes its use. Funny that the AF would ditch the polyester doubleknit service dress jacket but not the trousers. They may still have some use with honor guard uniforms.

When I visited the Randolph MCSS last week all that was available were 1620 poly-wool jackets, trousers and flight caps/service caps, and both 1620 and 1625 trousers/slacks/skirts. Shirts in 1550 issue and 1588 commercial grade.

Funny, but the 2006 uniform board commissioned a study group for the feasability of developing a polyester uniform for those allergic to wool.

(?????????)