Golf Shirt - a better design?

Started by RiverAux, November 08, 2007, 02:36:29 PM

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: desert rat on November 11, 2007, 05:23:16 PM
Can you have medical officer badge or ground team badge on the shirt like the pilot wings?   I don't remember seeing that being available.

Yes you can - it's not advertised online, at least through Vanguard.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

star1151

Quote from: Fifinella on November 10, 2007, 05:19:36 AM
Well, apparently a new Golf shirt has been approved, which will be made of a better fabric and will come in women's sizes too.  Stay tuned...

Do you have any other information on that?

desert rat

JohnKachenmeister

Anytime you do anything with Vanguard, do it by phone.  Their website is one of the most dysfunctional ever. 

Yes, Vanguard can produce just about any badge on the golf shirt.  But I am reliably informed that they can only do 1 badge per shirt. 

Personally, I like the Golf Shirt uniform as a casual uniform.  Informal staff meetings, administrative flights, glider flights, etc.

Another former CAP officer

SarDragon

Quote from: RiverAux on November 09, 2007, 03:16:56 AM
Officially the "golf" shirt (also referred to as the "knit" shirt in 39-1) is a CAP Summer Uniform.  So, there is no justification for wearing it at any non-CAP activity.  I wear a similar uniform shirt at work and I'm fairly sure I would get fired for being seen wearing it in all sorts of disreputable places.

Interestingly, the regs specify that it should have your name, aeronautical rating or specialty badge, but I regularly see them with just the seal.  

The info from the reg:

Under the pictures:
NOTES: There are three knit shirts authorized for wear for men and women. They are:
1. Dark blue knit shirt with embroidered CAP seal on the right breast and embroidered name and aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast.
2. Dark blue knit shirt with embroidered seal on the right breast, without the name or rating on left breast.
3. Dark blue knit shirt with the CAP seal screen-printed in white lettering on left breast.
4. CAP knit shirts are worn with gray trousers or slacks (see Table 4-4).

From the table:
There are three golf shirts approved for wear. A dark blue knit shirt with
embroidered CAP seal on the right breast and embroidered name and
aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast; a dark blue knit shirt with embroidered seal on the right breast, without the name or rating on left breast; and a dark blue knit shirt with the CAP seal screen printed in white lettering on left breast. Shirt must be worn tucked in by men unless heat conditions on the flight line require additional air circulation. Women may wear the shirt out of slacks but shirt length must not fall below mid-hips.

Nowhere does it make any reference to a requirement for anything other than the seal.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Dragoon

I've always gone with the "don't mix uniform and civilian items." Philosophy.  But that phrase is no longer in the regs.

Ms. Susis Parker at national once told me that they encouraged the wear of the golf shirt with civilian attire as advertising.  This may have occured at the same Philly National Boards mentioned earlier.

That said, I still ain't gonna do it.  Any more than I'd wear my BDU jacket with insignia with jeans.

SarDragon

Vanguard also has "civilian" shirts available that you can wear to advertise CAP.

These can be found on the Leisure wear link. There are no pictures available yet, but of you have an olde 2005 CAPMart catalog, the pix are on pages 30-32. Colors incuide red, royal blue, navy blue, and black.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on November 14, 2007, 01:31:49 AM
Vanguard also has "civilian" shirts available that you can wear to advertise CAP.

These can be found on the Leisure wear link. There are no pictures available yet, but of you have an olde 2005 CAPMart catalog, the pix are on pages 30-32. Colors incuide red, royal blue, navy blue, and black.

These are actually very nice, and are wholly appropriate for staff meetings, and similar activities, just don't wear them to missions or when participating with cadets.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

QuoteNowhere does it make any reference to a requirement for anything other than the seal.
catch up sardragon. Somebody already pointed that out and I already said that I had looked at an outdated reg prior to making the statement.

SarDragon

Eh, sue me. I was three days behind and missed a one-liner. I answer 'em when I see 'em, and once in a while someone beats me to the punch. Drive on.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

star1151

Quote from: SarDragon on November 14, 2007, 02:36:31 AM
Eh, sue me. I was three days behind and missed a one-liner. I answer 'em when I see 'em, and once in a while someone beats me to the punch. Drive on.

Let me assure you, it probably won't happen again!

RiverAux

QuoteLet me assure you, it probably won't happen again!
Me making a mistake?  You're probably right  >:D