Golf Shirt - a better design?

Started by RiverAux, November 08, 2007, 02:36:29 PM

O-Rex

Apart from the seal or shield, I would like to see something embroidered on the right side of the shirt that is in keeping with the finest traditions of the quality products offered by vanguard:

Nomex Maximus

...hehehe...golf shirt and a KILT...hehehe....
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

O-Rex

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on November 09, 2007, 02:57:54 AM

...hehehe...golf shirt and a KILT...hehehe....

Aye, easy therrr, laddie: lest I slay you with the dirk concealed in me sporran. . . . .

RiverAux

Officially the "golf" shirt (also referred to as the "knit" shirt in 39-1) is a CAP Summer Uniform.  So, there is no justification for wearing it at any non-CAP activity.  I wear a similar uniform shirt at work and I'm fairly sure I would get fired for being seen wearing it in all sorts of disreputable places.

Interestingly, the regs specify that it should have your name, aeronautical rating or specialty badge, but I regularly see them with just the seal.  

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: O-Rex on November 09, 2007, 03:12:37 AM
Aye, easy therrr, laddie: lest I slay you with the dirk concealed in me sporran. . . . .
ah, but the smell of this week old hagus will stop you before you ever lift your kilt!
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

star1151

Quote from: RiverAux on November 09, 2007, 03:16:56 AM
Officially the "golf" shirt (also referred to as the "knit" shirt in 39-1) is a CAP Summer Uniform.  So, there is no justification for wearing it at any non-CAP activity.  I wear a similar uniform shirt at work and I'm fairly sure I would get fired for being seen wearing it in all sorts of disreputable places.

Interestingly, the regs specify that it should have your name, aeronautical rating or specialty badge, but I regularly see them with just the seal. 

Not quite, at least the way I read it

"There are three golf shirts approved for wear. A dark blue knit shirt with
embroidered CAP seal on the right breast and embroidered name and
aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast; a dark blue knit shirt
with embroidered seal on the right breast, without the name or rating on left
breast;
and a dark blue knit shirt with the CAP seal screen printed in white
lettering on left breast."

It looks like you can wear the embroidered shirt with or without the name.  No?

Besides, if takes 7 weeks to get an unpersonalized shirt, how long would it take to get a personalized one?

Short Field

It took me less than two weeks the first time.  The last order was less than a week. 

Yea, everyone says I am just lucky...but those are the facts.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

RiverAux

My bad star, I mistakenly looked at an outdated version of 39-1.  Sorry about that. 

Fifinella

Well, apparently a new Golf shirt has been approved, which will be made of a better fabric and will come in women's sizes too.  Stay tuned...
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

floridacyclist

It might not even be a bad idea for National to authorize wear of the Golf shirt with civillian clothes with the stipulation that it will not be considered a uniform unless the proper pants are worn.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

ddelaney103

Quote from: floridacyclist on November 10, 2007, 06:53:25 AM
It might not even be a bad idea for National to authorize wear of the Golf shirt with civillian clothes with the stipulation that it will not be considered a uniform unless the proper pants are worn.

That makes sense and it's not like we couldn't use the extra visibility.

Ricochet13

Let's be careful about using common sense with this issue!  CAP-HNQ does that and what would we have to complain talk about?  ;D

ddelaney103

If we are going to update the golf shirt, I'd probably go with a shirt color of gray or white: otherwise we'll have a blue embroidered command patch on a blue shirt.

ammotrucker

Quote from: shorning on November 08, 2007, 09:20:37 PM
[

If it happened on a night of a meeting, or there was something that was suppose to be going on.  I agree with you.

This happened on a non-scheduled day when I stopped in to pick up a folder for ES about upcoming training.  No hurm was intended and I was not expecting anyone to be at the location.

Would you have done the same with a blues or BDU shirt (or their counterparts)? 
[/quote]

So, I'm bad.  I had a complete set of BDU's and Flight suit in my day pack.  I was on the way home from work changed shirts and my gray pants were not there....for some unknown reason.  So you would have me walking into the squadron building looking like a grease monkey for the sake of proper uniform.  I'll give you that.

I maybe I should reevaluate what I do.  I should have drove the additional 34 miles home cleaned up and then drove the 64 mile round trip.  That makes sence to me.

Whiile on missions I would never knowingly be, not in proper unifrom.  While on missions.....

This is nothing more then pleasing the airport authority as to who I am and why I am there.  They is CAP going into the CAP building secuirty does not get alarmed as easily.  Sould they check yes by all means,

Again, I'm bad.  Won't happen again.
RG Little, Capt

mikeylikey

It might not even be a bad idea for National to authorize wear of the Golf shirt with civilian clothes with the stipulation that it will not be considered a uniform unless the proper pants are worn.

agreed!  I like khaki dockers myself.  Lets get rid of the grey pants.
What's up monkeys?

jimmydeanno

Possible alternative polo colors...

Light Blue (could be worn with AF blues pants...)
White (with blues pants again)
Confederate Gray

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

star1151

Quote from: mikeylikey on November 10, 2007, 08:36:59 PM
It might not even be a bad idea for National to authorize wear of the Golf shirt with civilian clothes with the stipulation that it will not be considered a uniform unless the proper pants are worn.

agreed!  I like khaki dockers myself.  Lets get rid of the grey pants.

Please, no!  Do you have any idea how hard is is to find women's khakis except in early spring?  No, no, no!!!  I'd actually be forced to wear an AF uniform.

RiverAux

light blue?  Too much chance of it being "baby blue".  I like the dark blue color -- dark colors are slimming you know....

Major Carrales

Honestly, if I owned a CAP golf shirt, I would never wear it as a CAP uniform.  It would rather be a "walking advertisement" that I might wear to school with some slacks...if at all.  I'm more of a button up kind of guy.

A golf shirt is a casual, sort of a FRIDAY thing.

Now, if CAP had a nice button up shirt with embroidery...I might wear that.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

desert rat

Can you have medical officer badge or ground team badge on the shirt like the pilot wings?   I don't remember seeing that being availavle.

As to pants, I would rather see something casual like jeans and tennis shoes.  I don't see it as the formal uniform and think it would be great to treat it that way.   Is there an approved jacket to go with it?  In the winter people seem to wear whater they want over it.