New patch helps keep Vanguard profitable

Started by Nomex Maximus, November 07, 2007, 11:46:01 PM

pixelwonk

This thread is kinda useless without a true source.

Pylon

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on November 08, 2007, 03:56:05 PM
Not a joke; this was in an email forwarded from my squadron commander from NHQ.

Can you copy and paste that email here, and just remove the email addresses from the header?

If this is true, this is the progression for the patches in the last few years.  What a joke and absolutely UNSAT.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Psicorp

Sent out yesterday from the MIWG CC:

Subject: New CAP Command Patch
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:25:50 -0600

Attached is the new CAP Command Patch as of 13 Nov 07. 

Please replace all current briefings and media with this version and pass on to anyone in the field that you know uses it.

Thanks

Missie Derocher-Harris

Executive Assistant & Chief of Protocol
CAP National Headquarters
Toll Free: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx Ext. xxx
(DSN) xxx-xxxx
Fax: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx

sanitized email and phones -TA
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: tedda on November 08, 2007, 04:01:09 PM
This thread is kinda useless without a true source.

email addresses redacted a bit...opsec, you know...

"Tynan, Jim" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:

Subject: RE: New CAP Command Patch
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:21:45 -0600
To: "CAP Corporate Team" xxx@xxx.xxx>

Attached is the version that will slip into PowerPoint without the white background.

Jim

James F. Tynan
Deputy Director, Creative Services
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters
105 S. Hansell St.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112
Toll free: (xxx) xxx-xxxx, ext. xxx
Comm: (xxx) xxx-xxxx, ext. xxx
DSN: xxx-xxxx, ext. xxx
Cell: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
www.cap.gov
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:26 AM
To: CAP Corporate Team
Subject: New CAP Command Patch

Attached is the new CAP Command Patch as of 13 Nov 07.  This is also available on the n drive at:  N:\CAP logos\cap command patch

Please replace all current briefings and media with this version and pass on to anyone in the field that you know uses it.

Thanks

Missie Derocher-Harris
Executive Assistant & Chief of Protocol
CAP National Headquarters
Toll Free: 1-xxx-xxx-xxx Ext. xxx
(DSN) xxx-xxxx
Fax: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
mailto:xxx@xxx.xxx

sanitized email and phones -TA

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

Flying Pig

Mine are brand new.  Im not buying another one.

alamrcn

Everyone here was joking and complaining about the adding os U.S. to Civil Air Patrol, and now the same folks are whining about it being removed.

Was it posted here already about the cloth tapes going BACK to just Civil Air Patrol - that the U.S. will not be worn anymore? This is all TP-reversal, and tryin g to undue the damage. I got an e-mail last week about the NEC officially anouncing the elimination of the term "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" from everything down to your e-mail signatures.

I still need to buy one of the "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" tapes for my collection - maybe Vanguard is having a fire sale!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

pixelwonk

I'll send ya one.  PM me with an address.

CAP_truth

It appears that CAP is abolishing the US Air Force before they can be abolished as a separate branch of the military.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Pylon

Quote from: alamrcn on November 08, 2007, 05:14:16 PM
Everyone here was joking and complaining about the adding os U.S. to Civil Air Patrol, and now the same folks are whining about it being removed.

Nope, Ace, that's not the issue.  I'm fine with the name of the organization ceasing to be U.S. Civil Air Patrol.  The issue is that since 1 March 2004, we've already have had three incarnations of the flight suit breast patch... which mirrors the "command patch" design.  I'm worried that they'll push out yet another version of the patch for flight suit wear.   If we're just reversing the changes made, why can't we revert to the existing, previous patch?  Why do we need to come up with yet another, fourth patch?

Lastly, if the insistence is that the command patch must now have "Civil Air Patrol" on it, and not U.S. Air Force Auxiliary -- fine, keep the one we're already phasing in.    The separate "U.S." letters in the blue field does not mean our organizations name is "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" just as much as the "U.S." cutouts on our service dress do not indicate the same. 

Either leave the patch alone and let us phase in what they just implemented six months ago, or revert to the one before it.  I (along with quite a few other CAP members) are getting very tired of patch changes and repeated mandatory orders from Vanguard to keep our uniforms in line.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

I can tell you that as a SQ/CC I haven't received any email regarding the change as of 30 seconds ago...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

alamrcn

Hey, at least this patch is/can be Velcro'd on! That lessons the hassle to only ponying up the cost of a Starbucks coffee (or feeding a small child in Nicaragua for a month) to buy the new patch - then it's just rippin-n-stickin the new one on!

Just hold on to your Version 2 command patch for a year or two, and then sell it on eBay! Insignia around for such a short time as that one was will get rare quite fast, and you'll be able to recoup the original cost of both patches.

Like was said earlier, it's the changing of aircraft decals again and again that's the bigtime bee-ach! Maybe we should have different airforce schemes and corprate schemes for our aircraft, just like we do for our members! If your crew exceeds the weight & balance, you have to fly in the white and grey plane... heh heh

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Dragoon

Methinks this is someone jumping the gun - misunderstanding the recent NEC decison to not call ourselves "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" anymore.

If memory serves the command patch with the "U.S." on it was around long before we added "U.S." to our name.

ddelaney103

Quote from: Dragoon on November 13, 2007, 06:48:13 PM
Methinks this is someone jumping the gun - misunderstanding the recent NEC decison to not call ourselves "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" anymore.

If memory serves the command patch with the "U.S." on it was around long before we added "U.S." to our name.

Concur. The "US" under the prop and triangle was a feature of WWII era patches.

The Nov NEC notes put off any uniform changes to the NB.

Nomex Maximus

Vanguard has sold me two command patches both different in less than four months in CAP. Now I need two new ones of the correct type.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

riffraff

What's the current "correct" command patch?? Regs would seem to indicate it's still the US CAP patch but am I wasting my $$ buying these?

Vanguard is still selling the the CAP/US AIR FORCE AUXILIARY command patch. The US CAP command patch is missing its photo but still listed.

RiverAux

The current one is still the US Civil Air Patrol version.  In another thread Lt. Col. White said that the uniform committee will probably be recommending a return to the old CAP-US Air Force  Auxiliary version. 

So, its a crapshoot right now. 

riffraff

thanks. I thought I remembered reading that (return to the old patch) but with all the uniform threads running concurrently, I wasn't able to find it.

RiverAux

Belay my last.
The 11/20/06 Interim Change Letter to 39-1 authorized the US Civil Air Patrol command patch for wear on the CAP flight suits, but not the AF-style flightsuits:
Quote3. The NEC recently approved a proposal to change the design of the CAP Command Patch. The new design is shown in Attachment 3. Patches with this design are being created by Vanguard and should be available shortly. Members may begin wearing the new patch on the CAP distinctive blue flightsuit/jacket, utility uniform and the black leather jacket as soon as they are available. The Uniform Board is working on the specific implementation details now as well as requesting Air Force approval to change the patch worn on the AF-style green flightsuit and flight jacket. An additional announcement will be made as soon as the details are finalized.

So, if I'm reading that right, then the "old" CAP-US Air Force Auxiliary patch is still what you're supposed to be wearing on AF-style flightsuits according to approved regulations and ICLs.  

Eclipse

You wear the original MAJCOM on the green flightsuit, and EITHER on the blue flight suit and utilities until at LEAST Feb 2008.

The NEC did not make any changes to the uniforms, and the uniform boards do no meet until Feb, which is coincidently, the sundown for the original MAJCOM changing to the "new" one.

Next, uniform changes are not made without sundowns and mandatory wear date announcements. (with the exceptions, of course, of the weekly ICL's regarding the CSU).   :(

The above was clarified by an email from my Region chain of command.

I wouldn't spend a nickel on anything new until after Feb.

"That Others May Zoom"

riffraff

Simplified question: I have a green bag. Which patch do I put on it -- US CAP, CAP/USAFAux, or either?

I'm assuming MAJCOM refers to the CAP/USAFAuxpatch but wanted to clarify.

edit: Just read CAP 39-1 change dtd 10 July 07 and it seems to me to read (para 1a) that the 'newly redesigned command patch' (US CAP?) is authorized for wear on the green suit and jacket.

I need to order patches for my suit. Would the prudent move be to purchase the old CAP/USAFAux command patch? Logic would seem to indicate a move back to that patch although the mandatory wear date for US CAP is March 08.