Main Menu

Service Jacket

Started by mprokosch11, September 16, 2007, 08:45:31 PM

mprokosch11

I've been searching the internet for a sizing chart for the Class A Service Jacket and I can't find one. Does anyone know where I can find one?

If not, i'm 5'4.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

Cecil DP

Coats and Jackets are sized by your chest size. If you're 5'7 you're the chest size and most likely small or regular.
Best way is to simply try one on, if you can't get to a clothing sales store go to a regular store and just try on jackets until you find one that fits. That's your size.

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eagle400

Quote from: penguinmaster113 on September 16, 2007, 08:45:31 PM
I've been searching the internet for a sizing chart for the Class A Service Jacket...

Grr.... it's Service Dress, not "Class A Service."

Where is everybody getting this Army terminology from?   ???

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: ♠ on September 16, 2007, 11:35:33 PM
I've been searching the internet for a sizing chart for the Class A Service Jacket...

Where is everybody getting this Army terminology from?   ???

Ummmm   the Army?

MIKE

This is after all the U.S. Civil Ground Patrol... the U.S. Army Auxiliary. 'splains why we're wearing reversed flag patches on our BDUs.  >:D  ACUs and black beanies coming soon to your local company.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Go to a men's store, the men's section of a department store, or a tailor and have your chest measured for jacket size.  The inches around your chest, when properly measured, indicates your jacket size.  For example, 40" around your chest?  Jacket size 40.

Second, have your arms measured for length of the sleeves. Determine if you need Long, Short, Regular, etc. within your chest size.

The best way to determine what will fit you, however, will be just to try on the same jacket you'll be purchasing and see what fits you and what doesn't.  Ask people you know who have a Service Dress jacket to let you try it on for size.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

Umm.....NHQ USCAP uses incorrect terminology on a daily basis for rank titles, abbreviations, etc etc etc......... E-Services has many such instances.

AS far as calling the blue service dress Class A's.....I was waiting for someone to make the correction.  I know "Class A" does not exist in the AF, but I think even some AF units use a classification system that uses that terminology, I have heard it.  AND CAP is not the AF, most units use the "class a" terminology.  Is it wrong, maybe.....but who cares as long as a person knows "Class A's" means blue service dress with jacket. 

BASH AWAY   :-*
What's up monkeys?

Eagle400

Quote from: MIKE on September 17, 2007, 12:34:20 AM
This is after all the U.S. Civil Ground Patrol... the U.S. Army Auxiliary. 'splains why we're wearing reversed flag patches on our BDUs.  >:D  ACUs and black beanies coming soon to your local company.

Pylon

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 17, 2007, 12:58:45 AM

Umm.....NHQ USCAP uses incorrect terminology on a daily basis for rank titles, abbreviations, etc etc etc......... E-Services has many such instances.

AS far as calling the blue service dress Class A's.....I was waiting for someone to make the correction.  I know "Class A" does not exist in the AF, but I think even some AF units use a classification system that uses that terminology, I have heard it.  AND CAP is not the AF, most units use the "class a" terminology.  Is it wrong, maybe.....but who cares as long as a person knows "Class A's" means blue service dress with jacket. 

This discussion has played out over and over and over again on CAPTalk and CadetStuff.  If anybody wishes to continue this discussion, find one of the existing threads.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Service Dress Blue Bravo is where its at anyway.  >:D
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

Quote from: Pylon on September 17, 2007, 01:12:27 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on September 17, 2007, 12:58:45 AM

This discussion has played out over and over and over again on CAPTalk and CadetStuff.  If anybody wishes to continue this discussion, find one of the existing threads.

So sorry...........did not mean to upset the man. 
What's up monkeys?