Main Menu

More PJOC Questions

Started by CAPSOC_0pur8ur, December 06, 2017, 08:50:14 PM

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

Hey everyone, it's that time of year again, and I've got a couple of questions regarding PJOC. First of all, at what point in the application process does one take/submit the PJOC PFE? Do you send your scores in with the rest of your NCSA application, or do you wait until you're accepted? Also, for those who have been before, if you could have gone to a different activity, what would it have been, and why? Just curious as to how it compares (not just physically) to other NCSAs.
"To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That's when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?" -Col John Boyd

Offutteer

You do not include the PFE with your online application.  You'll send them in if you're chosen as a primary.  in previous years, the first thing they do, as a part of in-processing, is administer the PFE.  If you fail, you go home.  That could be very costly.  They take physical fitness seriously. 

I know of cadets turning down their slot for PJOC because they received a slot to IACE later in the spring.  There might have been a couple of cadets that declined to go to COS, if they were close to Lt Col and hadn't attended RCLS, but that would be rare.  And of course, cadets decline their slot if they are selected to attend one of the Academies and attending would interfere with their arrival date.  But I don't know of any cadets that went to PJOC saying that they would have preferred to go somewhere else.

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

Thanks for the info. I take it based on your response that you haven't attended?
"To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That's when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?" -Col John Boyd

Offutteer

No, I haven't attended.  but I've worked with the PJOC staff from both locations, great people, and a lot of cadets that have attended from all over the US.

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

Thanks for the input. Speaking of both locations, how does the experience differ from each one? I know Kirtland is at a higher altitude than Davis-Monthan (oughta be fun for someone who lives basically at sea level ;D), but other than that, how do they compare in terms of what is taught and the activities that are done?